Durham pre season tour Zimbabwe

Just seen this. Absolutely loved Newlands (Oaks grass bank opposite the mountain is the best spot in the world to watch cricket imo) and PE (the band) when I’ve been. Hope you had a great trip.

PE surprised me like. Knew about the band but had absolutely no idea how good the atmosphere would be. During the SA game there the stand was full and was one of the most vibrant atmospheres I’ve been part of.

Newlands is just surreal. Sat on the bank for each game up until the sun got the better of me :lol:

Best place I’ve ever been Cape Town

PE surprised me like. Knew about the band but had absolutely no idea how good the atmosphere would be. During the SA game there the stand was full and was one of the most vibrant atmospheres I’ve been part of.

Newlands is just surreal. Sat on the bank for each game up until the sun got the better of me :lol:

Best place I’ve ever been Cape Town

Yeah, me too. They kept getting told to stop playing during the 2020 test there though as it was interfering with the TV audio. Absolute joke as they make the occasion there and so many grounds are crying out for atmosphere. Didn’t realise that the kids who play in it are from the ‘down and out’ ghettos too.

Yeah, me too. They kept getting told to stop playing during the 2020 test there though as it was interfering with the TV audio. Absolute joke as they make the occasion there and so many grounds are crying out for atmosphere. Didn’t realise that the kids who play in it are from the ‘down and out’ ghettos too.

Think Sky properly embraced them during the SA20 so they might get a bit more leeway during the tests :lol:

No England men’s tours in SA until 26/27 now sadly :cry:

I was under the impression that there was going to be a game against a county side while we were out there, but I must have dreamt that 😁

So I didn’t make it up 😁

Looks unlikely it could be fitted in, given that we have 2 one day games against the local teams before they come home on 18th March?

Just seen this. Absolutely loved Newlands (Oaks grass bank opposite the mountain is the best spot in the world to watch cricket imo) and PE (the band) when I’ve been. Hope you had a great trip.

People need to stop using the abbreviation PE and referring to the band. I can't get the vision of Chuck D and Flava Flav watching cricket out of my mind now.

Back