Durham pre season tour Zimbabwe

Aye, but I'd be surprised to see Clark in the Country Championship team. Personally I'd want to see Bushnell given the opportunity to establish himself

At the members forum in January Campbell revealed that Clark had impressed him with his attitude so maybe he was just having a look at him in this game but can't really see Clark starting in the Championship.

Injuries aside I think the Top 5 is pretty much nailed on.

At the members forum in January Campbell revealed that Clark had impressed him with his attitude so maybe he was just having a look at him in this game but can't really see Clark starting in the Championship.

Injuries aside I think the Top 5 is pretty much nailed on.
At that "members forum" Campbell did speak of his "top 5", he also mentioned that there were others to consider for the no.6 role.
Clark had impressed him but he did mention Bushnell and De Leede.
I have seen very little of De Leede but Campbell has. Likewise Campbell has seen very little of Bushnell.
If I had to pick a no.6, at this moment in time, I would pick De Leede because of his bowling ability.
However, the position is "up for grabs".
May the best man win.
Just to clarify. De Leede was not mentioned by name as his signing had not been released to fans/media.
Campbell spoke of an "exciting" signing.
With hindsight we now know who he meant. From what I have seen from this match in Zimbabwe, he is, at this moment, in pole position.

Last edited:
Does it a lot of players who were poor last season

Hence I said "see how it goes". On paper that is a decent division 2 red ball side but as we know, sport isn't played on paper. A good positive coach could get a lot more out of that squad I am certain of that.

Players don't escape criticism either, must do better and I know they are capable.

Potts and Lees for example are England international cricketers. Carse and Robinson have been with the Lions recently. Plenty of talent.

Last edited:
Hence I said "see how it goes". On paper that is a decent division 2 red ball side but as we know, sport isn't played on paper. A good positive coach could get a lot more out of that squad I am certain of that.

Players don't escape criticism either, must do better and I know they are capable.

Potts and Lees for example are England international cricketers. Carse and Robinson have been with the Lions recently. Plenty of talent.
Carse record and Robinson is nothing flash

Durham won by an innings and 145 runs. Wonder if they’ll play a short format game against the same oppo tomorrow to use up the 3rd day?

Back