Durham jail.

Correct.first prison to have a muzzie only wing.Houses some of the sickest and hardest villains.Makes HMP Durham look like a kindergarten

Aye an assortment of absolute vermin, from African war lords serving 50 years for crimes against humanity to serial killers like levi bellfield and Peter Sutcliffe and then terrorists like that Michael adebjoglojawhatsit. Must be f***ing mental in there.

The day they found the body half of murton was blocked off, my mate knocked on my door and said there's 'an incident' we went up and was nuts. We didn't know, thought it was drug raid or summit. Then when it sinks in.

Some evil fuckers. And even if durham is tough it's not tough enough for these Bastard.

Couldn't give a fuck what you get crammed in. If you do the crime you do the time
Bettter then the death penalty? I reckon it is.

Durham is in the city centre, Frankland and Low Newton at Brasside on the outskirts.

All of the above prisons are renowned for prisoners going on hunger strike on account of nowhere to get decent prison grub.

A mate of mine lived in a farmhouse right by Low Newton. It was well weird sat in his gaff with that place next door.

I had another mate served twelve years in Frankland, He was mates with the Brink's Mat robber (The mental fucker who threatened to set bleaze to the security guard) who did the cooking for the two of them. :)

I don't believe in ghosts, but don't think I'd like to spend a night in there in the dark by myself
@tunstall birdman has been doing it for years man.

I lived in East Acton for a short while in the mid 90s reet next to wormwood Scrubs. The Harry Roberts victims plaque was put reet by where I used to park. Anyway someone almost got out completely by hiding in the builders stores when construction work was going on. I've never seen so many cop cars in my life. There's no mention of it on tinternet.
First escapee since George Blake the Cambridge spy ring feller who the older locals reckoned was allowed to escape by the old boy network in exchange for summit from the russkies.

Last edited:
A duckwit near me works at HMP Durham. He’s always stressed to death

@tunstall birdman has been doing it for years man.

I lived in East Acton for a short while in the mid 90s reet next to wormwood Scrubs. The Harry Roberts victims plaque was put reet by where I used to park. Anyway someone almost got out completely by hiding in the builders stores when construction work was going on. I've never seen so many cop cars in my life. There's no mention of it on tinternet.
First escapee since George Blake the Cambridge spy ring feller who the older locals reckoned was allowed to escape by the old boy network in exchange for summit from the russkies.

Two lifers actually did get out one sunny Sunday afternoon at the time you talk about.

Two lifers actually did get out one sunny Sunday afternoon at the time you talk about.
Did they?
One of the neighbours said someone had escaped by hiding in a building firms cabin but because I nivver read owt about it in the papers or saw it on to I assumed it was only an attempt.
Twas a very very hot sunday, in fact so hot that I didn't bother with the pub and instead took my Walkman and a couple of papers onto the scrubs for a bit of sunbathing. The whole thing probably went on around me while I dozed. Tent city will of been around attention the time.

Not originally, but he lived in murton at the time.Colin Bainbridge and was Laura Kane from penshaw the little girl.

Grim. I sometimes walk past the house where she was found, it's flattened now, and there's a memorial to her.

Makes me sick like. You see stuff like this on the news and when you see it in real life it's in comprehendible
Sad to say he was originally from Boldon. I didnt know him but knew the family (who were well liked locally) especially his Dad and Brother. They were in total shock that he could have done such an awful deed and pretty much "went to ground" for a good while. Parents suffered health wise over it

Back