Durham jail.

SPUFF

Striker
maybe a daft question this.

Is there 2 sites to it?

Went to an outskirts of Durham farm with jail next to it n saw city centre jail tonight.

Durham is in the city centre, Frankland and Low Newton at Brasside on the outskirts.

All of the above prisons are renowned for prisoners going on hunger strike on account of nowhere to get decent prison grub.

:lol:

Canny fuuny that, my mate has worked in the kitchen at Frankland for about 15 years. This is the same lad who can often be found to burn frozen pizza and even boil a pan of eggs dry, can't say I blame them for kicking off.

Also a mild / medium curry by his taste burns your face off instantly and your arse the next day, sure he's immune to chilli.

Last edited:
Which ones the bad one?

We went to Zen next to the city centre one one time, had a few drinks and went over the road to the pub there. Got drunk. On the way out one lad had left his coat and walking past the prison another who had found it pretended to chuck it over the prison wall:lol:

Riot vans within minutes had my mate asking what he'd hoyed over the wall

Which ones the bad one?

We went to Zen next to the city centre one one time, had a few drinks and went over the road to the pub there. Got drunk. On the way out one lad had left his coat and walking past the prison another who had found it pretended to chuck it over the prison wall:lol:

Frankland.

The one next to the arnison centre?
Nar.

Take the slip road off the 167, a couple of roundabouts after the cricket ground, all the way to the end, straight on ower the next roundabout then left at the next, generic pub on the corner, Frankland Rd iirc, it's down there.

I'd hate to live there. I'd be expecting an escapee in the garden any night.

:lol:

Canny fuuny that, my mate has worked in the kitchen at Frankland for about 15 years. This is the same lad who can often be found to burn frozen pizza and even boil a pan of eggs dry, can't say I blame them for kicking off.

Also a mild / medium curry by his taste burns your face off instantly and your arse the next day, sure he's immune to chilli.

Cheers lads.

Sound like me, put a pizza in the grille by accident n had to lauch it on fire out of window, lovely estate n big burn hole in lawn.

I must die before our lass or im fucked

Nar.

Take the slip road off the 167, a couple of roundabouts after the cricket ground, all the way to the end, straight on ower the next roundabout then left at the next, generic pub on the corner, Frankland Rd iirc, it's down there.

I'd hate to live there. I'd be expecting an escapee in the garden any night.

Some houses near the city were 15m from the wall, mind seen similar at chelmsford the other week, youd think better out of town.

Did they used to lock prisoners in the bridge? Or are my mates taking the piss? Some they said (dunno if it's still there, Jimmy Allen's under the bridge) used to houses prisoners.

Back in the 1800's or summit, not recently

Did they used to lock prisoners in the bridge? Or are my mates taking the piss? Some they said (dunno if it's still there, Jimmy Allen's under the bridge) used to houses prisoners.

Back in the 1800's or summit, not recently
yer, hundreds of years ago.

Sure jimmy Allen was a prisoner

Last edited:
yer, hundreds of years ago.

Sure jimmy Allen was a prisoner
Cool, so they actually named the bar after a convict:lol:

God, it's about 10 or 15 years since I've been in there.

Atmospheric though. Shame it was a blasting house music bar though.

Which ones the bad one?

Both of them are bad but Franklin/Low Newton is worse, Lee Rigbys killed is there I think isn’t he? Gives some idea of the calibre of prisoner. Low Newton has/had Rose West and Hindley.

Not sure if this is urban myth but when Franklin first opened was there something about it almost being Alcatraz like so the sas were challenged to get in and out undetected...which they did, piece of piss.

Back