Durham "home" games.

We regard Cumberland and Northumberland as part of our catchment area for the Academy( Stokes, Harmison and Wood are 3 of our best products) so why not play the occasional fixture there. There are probably members who would find Gosforth easier accessible than Chester-le-St. Same could apply to the odd member in extreme West Durham and Kendal. Would quite fancy a day of cricket at Kendal-quite a pretty ground iirc.

A case of the tail wagging the dog there I think.

James Weighell from Middlesbrough came up through the academy as well. Do we regard Yorkshire as part of our catchment area? If so, why not play our home games at Headingley? After all, it’s much closer than Edinburgh.

I do not get this at all. If they want to play in those weather conditions they should try Dawdon Cricket Club. That is where I learned my cricket and if you can play there you can play anywhere.

A case of the tail wagging the dog there I think.

James Weighell from Middlesbrough came up through the academy as well. Do we regard Yorkshire as part of our catchment area? If so, why not play our home games at Headingley? After all, it’s much closer than Edinburgh.
I think you're missing the argument! Both Gosforth and Kendal are in easy commuting distance for many of our members.I don't think there's been any suggestion that we play any home games in Edinburgh -merely that we should cement ties with cricket Scotland.

Our members and supporters are scattered all over the world. We can’t go everywhere. The point is that home games should be played, well, at home. This is where the majority of the members are, and also brings in more money from visitors for the club and the county, rather than splitting it with grounds in other places. The op suggested a ‘home’ game in Edinburgh was a possibility. By the way, Kendal isn’t even in Cumberland, it’s in Westmorland. How many more more places can we regard as ‘home’?

Our members and supporters are scattered all over the world. We can’t go everywhere. The point is that home games should be played, well, at home. This is where the majority of the members are, and also brings in more money from visitors for the club and the county, rather than splitting it with grounds in other places. The op suggested a ‘home’ game in Edinburgh was a possibility. By the way, Kendal isn’t even in Cumberland, it’s in Westmorland. How many more more places can we regard as ‘home’?

i lived in kent for years and they didn't even have the decency to be in the same division until i ended up moving back and now this.

Back