Durham CCC 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classified as overseas last season at Lancs. Lost his Kolpak status for some reason.
Didnt realise that. I am normally against the Kolpak route with teams playing 2/3 in a team but it may good be a good option to strengthen our lineup with an opening bowler or experienced batsman.

Didnt realise that. I am normally against the Kolpak route with teams playing 2/3 in a team but it may good be a good option to strengthen our lineup with an opening bowler or experienced batsman.
FTECB have forced us down the Kolpak route. Should be able to acquire a quality bowler. Onions required replacing regardless.

Reactions: WCC
Aw man, saw this thread jump back up and thought there might be exciting news.

Still, Rimmington has signed, Gidman was renewed with canterbury [honestly, playing local league here and county down there, with a 5-6 hour commute, he must be mad] and Burnham has been banned since this thread was started.

Latham, Steel, Smith, Clark, Collingwood, Pringle/Trevaskis, Poynter/Richardson, Carse/Weighell, Potts, Rushworth, Rimmington

Something like this? With the occasional dash of woody, stokes perhaps to get some form after his lay off etc

Last edited:

Still, Rimmington has signed, Gidman was renewed with canterbury [honestly, playing local league here and county down there, with a 5-6 hour commute, he must be mad] and Burnham has been banned since this thread was started.

Latham, Steel, Smith, Clark, Collingwood, Pringle/Trevaskis, Poynter/Richardson, Carse/Weighell, Potts, Rushworth, Rimmington

Something like this? With the occasional dash of woody, stokes perhaps to get some form after his lay off etc
Sorry ... but two people went to post news and we both resurrected a different thread. Ah well.

As always I worry about depth of bowling ..... injuries will happen.

Not quite exciting news but certainly encouraging updates here..
http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-media/ds-abroad-eight-players-action/
MC Carthy also got a PB (5-46) nd man of the match for Ireland v Afghanistan this week.

Not quite exciting news but certainly encouraging updates here..
http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news-and-media/ds-abroad-eight-players-action/
MC Carthy also got a PB (5-46) nd man of the match for Ireland v Afghanistan this week.

aye, i can't really get excited about this as it is doubtful we will see much of baz mccarthy

Sorry ... but two people went to post news and we both resurrected a different thread. Ah well.

As always I worry about depth of bowling ..... injuries will happen.

aye, who will be the next young uns to come from nowhere?

assuming rushworth & rimmington fit the experience and reliable bowlers, the rest will be any two of wood, carse, potts, weighell, mccarthy, josh coughlini guess.

it looks like enough but i can understand the worry.

might see more spinners than usual eating up overs with the wicket being somewhat different to what we're used to, the emergence of trevaskis, return of smith, steel and possibly pringle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back