Durham Blind Cricket Club v Somerset on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there for the 1st innings and it was pretty impressive.

Ron Young their coach has actually agreed to do a training session with our (Washington) 1st team. He has special glasses which impair your sight to different levels. It will be very interesting giving it a go myself.

Ron Young their coach has actually agreed to do a training session with our (Washington) 1st team. He has special glasses which impair your sight to different levels. It will be very interesting giving it a go myself.

Andy Bewick has been wearing those for years man

I played at the fell with him. very knowledgable bloke, bowled off spin IIRC.
Has two sons one of whom was deaf.

if you speak to him pass on my regards

I played at the fell with him. very knowledgable bloke, bowled off spin IIRC.
Has two sons one of whom was deaf.

if you speak to him pass on my regards

Yeah, his son Ben. Has played for Gateshead Fell and plays cricket for England's deaf side which Ron coaches. Ron is head of Disability cricket within Durham CB, done a lot of great work for the county, as the Visually Impaired side have experienced 1st hand.

Yeah, his son Ben. Has played for Gateshead Fell and plays cricket for England's deaf side which Ron coaches. Ron is head of Disability cricket within Durham CB, done a lot of great work for the county, as the Visually Impaired side have experienced 1st hand.
played against Ben a fair few times when he was with South Hetton - was a good player!

Remember years ago we went upto Tantobie and it got rained off, and a couple of years prior to that I scored on up there when I wasn't playing. Always remember a blind lad who I thought supported SAFC, usually sitting on the sidelines talking to their players. Just wondered after reading these posts if it was the famous Macar.
Sorry for the delay, I had to wait for him to be on Skype.

Yes it would have been him.

Write up about them in The echo:

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/durham_ccc_setting_up_teams_for_disabled_players_1_3386549

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back