Dullest time since…

You're too young to remember the Makemenemy era I bet??!! As a veteran, that was grim.

Although Grayson era pushes it close....and Parkinson in league placings and football was the worst. I'd say the recovery started under Johnson tbf.
A bit young.I went to the odd match then, but started going all the time in the third division season.Denis Smith sowing the seeds of recovery!

…Buxtons days?

Not a lot to get excited about at the minute is there? Trying to feel excited about Heckingbottom. Hoping the renovations extend to painting the underside of the stands. Convincing yourself that Mundle will turn out as good as Clarke.

God I hope there’s some spark injected back in to the club from somewhere, soon. Maybe it’s the weather..
There's always something going on though.
We have 5 games left to try and finish the season on a high.
Then there's going to be the comings and goings in the Summer transfer market probably involving a good few quid being received and spent this time.

…Buxtons days?

Not a lot to get excited about at the minute is there? Trying to feel excited about Heckingbottom. Hoping the renovations extend to painting the underside of the stands. Convincing yourself that Mundle will turn out as good as Clarke.

God I hope there’s some spark injected back in to the club from somewhere, soon. Maybe it’s the weather..
Christ, them Buxton days. Every other game seemed to be an away defeat at Grimsby.

A bit young.I went to the odd match then, but started going all the time in the third division season.Denis Smith sowing the seeds of recovery!
One of my favourite season's ever..still😎😎
Christ, them Buxton days. Every other game seemed to be an away defeat at Grimsby.
..aye, and always on the bloody tele! :lol:
When were practically relegated in February under Moyes
Nah...after the first home game in August against Boro...Moyes even said so himself..the kernt.

Last edited:
I know amazing isn't it. Of a bad bunch he was the worst.

Not sure but I think he may have.
Never one of Liverpool's better players. Read somewhere that when he came in at ht during his debut, Paisley gave him a look and said ' I think they shot the wrong Kennedy '.
Did he not score in two (!) EC finals ...
Or a low scoring draw ...

Last edited:
Never one of Liverpool's better players. Read somewhere that when he came in at ht during his debut, Paisley gave him a look and said ' I think they shot the wrong Kennedy '.
Did he not score in two (!) EC finals ...
Not sure if he did in truth. I did remember him scoring in 1 as the other lad said.

Why are people forgetting the grayson/coleman/ross/parky/johnson era? Easily the most boring,horrendous period ever at the club
It’s the first time In a while we have had nowt to play for like usually battling relegation or promotions

93/94 was the last time that really happened.

…Buxtons days?

My first ever season as a season ticket holder god some glory supporter I am 😜

Back