Duke of York Epstein interview. Tomorrow @ 9pm.

I'd replace it with exactly the same thing apart from restricting the house to awarded life peerages only. Probably I'd keep a handful of hereditary duffers around a bit like the Lords Spiritual as a nod to the past. I'd also refuse them purely political reasons such as working for the party machine. I'd want peers who held senior positions in jobs that were in the real world. I'd also restrict the numbers a bit. It's getting too fat.

But apart from that? Not much tbh.
So basically, exactly what Tony Blair already did, pretty much to the letter.

Just watched a bit of it again as my lass was watching it, and the bloke is an utterly vile, creepy pervert. I cant imagine what type of luxurious life he has had since the second he was born and he doesn't have an ounce of dignity or empathy, or any likeable quality at all. If he grew up in a working class town with his attitude and demeanour I think he would have be brayed all owa loads of times. I think he was fantasizing about bucking the lass asking the questions.

Bit old for him surely?

Just watched a bit of it again as my lass was watching it, and the bloke is an utterly vile, creepy pervert. I cant imagine what type of luxurious life he has had since the second he was born and he doesn't have an ounce of dignity or empathy, or any likeable quality at all. If he grew up in a working class town with his attitude and demeanour I think he would have be brayed all owa loads of times. I think he was fantasizing about bucking the lass asking the questions.

That made me quite angry the lack of empathy for the victims of Epstein - in fact he didn’t even consider them at all. It shows he seemingly has the attitude he is entitled to literally owt.
Would love to see how he got on in the real world for a few weeks.

That's a whole new kettle of cats though - I don't know what a written constitution would solve either but this is firmly off topic now.

Over to you Andy. Surely someone was there when Andy was having his pizza party. I would have remembered it. I would have been name dropping for years on that.

Hard to have missed, especially with the security team around him.

Yes. and the little tale of Betty and Pip the Greek, at the Canadian Children's home. it goes way back, even Victoria was known to be a nymphomaniac and had many affairs, they nick named her Mrs Brown.
Shouldn't say to much about Lady Mountbatten mind, that would take another message board to cover her antics.

Didn’t Charles’s givee full support to an archbishop after he wasn’t convicted as well?
Sure I heard it a couple of year back - a lot of dots easily joined up hardly paint them in a good light around this subject.

Astonishing that someone with as much priviledge as he has had, with all those of courtiers and advisors, should be so self absorbed and so out of touch as to believe that that went well.
If he had any self awareness he should as a minimum retire from public life before there is even more light shone on the Royal family which now appears just an anachronism peopled by the out of touch and those of low intelligence.

So when you see a photo of yourself you suddenly remember? Plenty of nights out I've remembered fuck all. Seen pics, and still remembered fuck all.

I don't remember is better than saying it didn't happen, especially if it did.

He will be alreet.
Aye, right, something he never does, put his arm around young lasses, yet he says he doesn't remember this unusual event, unlike his unusual visit to Pizza Express which he also never does, but strangely remembers both the date and exact time.
Like you say, nowt will happen, "his people" will put it right. Obviously lots of fake photos about !
Yours would have been a much more credible defence, "bent out of shape your honour, I remember nowt". His ratings would maybe have gone up too, as more than a few people could relate to that.

Over four million visitors a year to the Hermitage in St Petersburg. About five million to Versailles.

Just over half a million to Buckingham Palace. One and a half million to Windsor Castle, which is less than visit Chester Zoo. Sounds to me like the Royals are something of a deterrent to visitors. Just think about how our tourism numbers could blossom.

Im all for targetting benefit scroungers especially the ones that live in Royal palaces

Evict them and we can use the said palaces this Christmas for the homeless and those in genuine need.

Astonishing that someone with as much priviledge as he has had, with all those of courtiers and advisors, should be so self absorbed and so out of touch as to believe that that went well.
If he had any self awareness he should as a minimum retire from public life before there is even more light shone on the Royal family which now appears just an anachronism peopled by the out of touch and those of low intelligence.

In order to retire I would suggest you would have first have had to work.....

Let him fade from public view? Fuck that, hold him to account. Why let him have an even easier life.

He’s a wastrel. Looks like he’s knocked out a couple in the same mould in Beatrice and Eugenie too.

After liz we should get rid of them, we cannot claim to be a democracy with a unelected head of state and a unelected second chamber.
And I think he's as guilty as fuck.
Why wait. Strike while the iron is hot.
The horrible fucker will likely be getting Litvinenkoed soon if he keeps this up. Royal Family will want him gone before he brings them all down.

To be fair to the bloke, he's done more for Republicanism than anyone since 1936.
Watching that on Saturday I did feel for the first time in my life that I was getting something back from all my tax Id given them.

Last edited:
It's been an accident waiting to happen since long, long before I was born. What accident is on the horizon?

The HoL failing to adequately scrutinise, challenge and amend legislation, for example, because as constituted it is massively unrepresentative and tends to vote on party lines anyway, because the ex-politicians are the ones most likely to be in the chamber. It's not just the Lords defeating legislation (which they’ve done and returned to the Commons numerous times), it’s inaction. When do they not act, when they should have done, because they are so wholly unrepresentative of the British people.

If an unelected second chamber that acts to scrutinise legislation is acceptable, then fine.

But…if you were designing a democracy would you:

a) have something like an independent commission to appoint the brightest and the best to that second chamber, hopefully in a way which broadly reflected our country. Something like under 30% of the Lords are under 50; only about a quarter of the Lords are women). 92 peers are hereditary; 26 are bishops. About 5 times as many Lords come from London as from the north-west, which is about the same in population size. There are twice as many hereditary peers as there are black and Asian peers.

b) have it filled largely with people who bung parties donations and get a peerage as a return, political hacks getting reward for long service or keeping their mouth shut, people who have a seat because they wear a pointy purple hat (and until recently, exclusively men - we are the only country in the world who give people a seat in our legislature on account of unelected religious positions…apart from Iran), people whose great-X-grandfather went whoring with George X or picked the right side in the civil war, and qualify to be in the HoL simply due to the vagaries of ejaculation and ovulation, and celebrities. If you’re not their by right of birth, then chances are you’re there by cronyism and nepotism. And then they get to stay there for life, and are able to vote on and amend legislation even if they’re mad, like the Foundation X bloke.

Insufficient scrutiny and challenge is as bad for democracy as an over-interfering second chamber.

Plenty of countries manage with unicameral legislatures. They tend to have more proportional voting systems, weaker executives, and stronger legislatures with greater committee powers though. All good things imo.

Last edited:
That made me quite angry the lack of empathy for the victims of Epstein - in fact he didn’t even consider them at all. It shows he seemingly has the attitude he is entitled to literally owt.
Would love to see how he got on in the real world for a few weeks.
Haway man thats a bit unfair.

The Prince did the honourable thing and travelled 3,000 miles to tell a peado that their friendhip was over (though he wasnt really his friend as Maxwell was his real friend) and then spent 3 days and had a dinner party to end the said friendship.

Us plebs just cant see how honourabe this man is.

The Royal Family do a fantastic job.

Evening Standard having a bit of fun with this tonight on its front page. “Prince Andrew In N-world scandal” or similar. I picked one up at the tube fully expecting the N-word to be Nonce. But no it was the more traditional N-word. A former palace aid has come clean about his rather arcane language use.....or should I say been asked to steer the conversation in another direction?

Didn’t Charles’s givee full support to an archbishop after he wasn’t convicted as well?
Sure I heard it a couple of year back - a lot of dots easily joined up hardly paint them in a good light around this subject.

Are you referring to our future King who in two separate letters to his dear friend Sir James Vincent joked about how old the company he was keeping in his remote Scottish cottage were?

Back