Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral

It's ridiculous one of the first things that should have been relaxed was funerals, looks even worse when most of the 30 will have been vaccinated. Drove past a few beer gardens today and tonight, was loads sat next to each other stood up talking face to face. ( I don't have an issue with that just comparing it to a few dozen people in a huge church, wearing masks and mostly vaccinated)
I think it will have been done this way as an in it together message. That's the vibe I got and credit to the Queen for going along with it.even though its crackers.

I think it will have been done this way as an in it together message. That's the vibe I got and credit to the Queen for going along with it.even though its crackers.
She had no choice really, I drove past P and O bar tonight and it was like sardines squashed in the outdoor area mostly young lads stood up. Yet a funeral is less worthy of a bit human decency and exceptional circumstances

Just watching on news and loads outside standing too close together despite being told not too
Where’s the police dispersing them like the women at the vigil in London a few weeks ago

Haven't carried one but lowered my uncle into the ground which appears to be a Scottish thing?
Aye we call it having a 'cord' at a funeral. There's usually an order in which the cords are assigned - the closest male relative always got the first cord. Used to always be the men of the family that got one. Now you see more and more women taking a cord. At my uncles funeral his two daughters shared the cord as they lowered him to the ground.

Back