Duanne Olivier

Oh :lol:

Apparently he will be moving from £50k a year to £150k

Given the rand is fucked, that’s likely to be an even bigger gap in future

True, but if he performs well in future at international level, which he was doing, the money will come

I admit 50k not enough

Also this revelation means I’m looking at holidays to South Africa

True, but if he performs well in future at international level, which he was doing, the money will come

I admit 50k not enough

Also this revelation means I’m looking at holidays to South Africa
Get yourself over there next winter mate. Hoping to be there myself for Cape Town over new year

Get yourself over there next winter mate. Hoping to be there myself for Cape Town over new year

Thinking bout that for sure, still gutted I missed Sri Lanka so looking at this one for sure.

Yeah but it’s a big risk. And the Kolpak availability will (possibly) disappear at the end of March

I guess but I don’t totally absolve the player, I mean have some ambition and back your ability

I don’t like the counties doing this either. Fair enough an overseas player can be great for culture in dressing room but kolpaks will never be for me

Last edited:
In the Cricket paper today an article on the front page by Chris Stocks puts this decision in perspective.
Olivier has TRIPLED his salary to £150,000 by signing for Yorkshire.

If he's come to play for Yorkshire he should play for bloody Yorkshire and Yorkshire only. We didn't sign him to be yet another player plucked from our grasp by ECB central contracts if he plays well for us

Back