Duanne Olivier

I find it more an issue with international/South African cricket. For a player getting towards the top of his profession to give it all up to sign a county deal, shows real issues with cricket over there.

Hes 26 years old that is absolutely ridiculous, he could have another 10 years at the top level. Shame on Yorkshire for offering him the deal but it seems like anyone who isn't a recognised 20/20 could well look for these type of financial rewards

Disgusted as the rest of you. Just highlights the Chuckle Brothers desperation to save their jobs as another poor year I think will see the back of them. So much for the "No Kolpak" stance. Just can't trust this club anymore :evil:

"Fuck off back to your own country. f***ing Kolpak."

A Gale, 2014

Then he turns to a "f***ing Kolpak" to save his career.

Last edited:
That’s absolutely mad. Looked like he was going to be a mainstay in the South Africa side for years and years.

Just shows how much money talks, can’t blame the lad like.

That’s absolutely mad. Looked like he was going to be a mainstay in the South Africa side for years and years.

Just shows how much money talks, can’t blame the lad like.

Surely if he became a mainstay he’d earn more

Why hasn’t amla and co ever turned there?

I usually back the player but he’s 26 feel like he’s bottled it here like.

Not sure what Yorkshire are playing at either, sighing kolpaks, think it shows their desperation after their recent slide

Disgusted as the rest of you. Just highlights the Chuckle Brothers desperation to save their jobs as another poor year I think will see the back of them. So much for the "No Kolpak" stance. Just can't trust this club anymore :evil:

"Fuck off back to your own country. f***ing Kolpak."

A Gale, 2014

Then he turns to a "f***ing Kolpak" to save his career.

You know, the thing about Olivier too IMO is that he isn’t that f***ing good. I know he was a Test Cricketer, but he’s hardly going to go down as one of SA’s greatest spinners.

I can understand clubs going for seamers and batsmen kolpakers but are we really expectant in this country and at Headingley that with our playing schedule he’ll be a massive asset? I still see Yorkshire as a strong county who have a well rounded squad - I can honestly see games in the Championship where he’s dropped.

You know, the thing about Olivier too IMO is that he isn’t that f***ing good. I know he was a Test Cricketer, but he’s hardly going to go down as one of SA’s greatest spinners.

I can understand clubs going for seamers and batsmen kolpakers but are we really expectant in this country and at Headingley that with our playing schedule he’ll be a massive asset? I still see Yorkshire as a strong county who have a well rounded squad - I can honestly see games in the Championship where he’s dropped.
He's not a spinner mate. A more then decent quick .

Yeah, I was taking the piss with that one.
Oh :lol:

Surely if he became a mainstay he’d earn more

Why hasn’t amla and co ever turned there?

I usually back the player but he’s 26 feel like he’s bottled it here like.

Not sure what Yorkshire are playing at either, sighing kolpaks, think it shows their desperation after their recent slide
Apparently he will be moving from £50k a year to £150k

Given the rand is fucked, that’s likely to be an even bigger gap in future

Last edited:

Back