Droning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very poor quality for stills though sadly
They didn't use a GoPro on the drone

Our kit list consisted of:

1 x C300 Camera
2 x Panasonic GH4 (One for the Movi, one for the drone)
1 x Movi M5
1 x Manfrotto Tripod
1 x Hague Mini jib (we didn’t take this every day!)
1 x Canon Prime lens selection
1 x DJI S1000 Drone plus controllers/monitors
8 x spare batteries for the drone (heavy!)
1 x GoPro kit
Plus all the usual spare batteries, mic kit etc for the camera.

They didn't use a GoPro on the drone

Our kit list consisted of:

1 x C300 Camera
2 x Panasonic GH4 (One for the Movi, one for the drone)
1 x Movi M5
1 x Manfrotto Tripod
1 x Hague Mini jib (we didn’t take this every day!)
1 x Canon Prime lens selection
1 x DJI S1000 Drone plus controllers/monitors
8 x spare batteries for the drone (heavy!)
1 x GoPro kit
Plus all the usual spare batteries, mic kit etc for the camera.
No idea what this is about, my point is just that go pro isn't good enough for stills

I have a DJI Phantom Vision. Bought it early this year, but haven't used it for months. Canny piece of kit but think they will be banned before long. Too many vids kicking about of people taking them above the clouds, flying them over motorways and public places , which is going to spoil it for everyone. You do need a licence for commercial work.

Sod that, I'd just tell them I had a big ladder

You don't need a license unless you use them near built up areas iirc, although that may change

Wrong, any commercial use in UK needs a licence - you have to pass an pilot assessment competence test (ie pay someone for training/test) then pay the CAA £113 + £57 (recurring annual fee).

You are also still restricted on use in built up areas.

No such problems using a kite, but you are limited to 80 metres above ground with them.

Doubt if the Police know any of the rules, but if you publish commercial footage you are taking a chance

Didn't that Wee Phillie fella post up a few drone videos of the bridge etc.?
It was just attached to his cock :(

Wrong, any commercial use in UK needs a licence - you have to pass an pilot assessment competence test (ie pay someone for training/test) then pay the CAA £113 + £57 (recurring annual fee).

You are also still restricted on use in built up areas.

No such problems using a kite, but you are limited to 80 metres above ground with them.

Doubt if the Police know any of the rules, but if you publish commercial footage you are taking a chance
I wouldn't be using it for commercial reasons ;) At least not until I was offered specific work for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back