Driving in wet weather

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The electronic signs on motorways and A roads sometimes have weather related information on.

Never once unless it's average speed have I ever seen anyone slow down for the speed limits on the overhead signs

I feel like a right **** doing 50 when the sign is flashing 50 and everyone still goes past at 70

When I was driving in France last year, the toll roads had 2 speed limits, one for dry weather and another for wet weather with signs every so often. Thought it was a cracking idea, especially when it started to lash down.

Never once unless it's average speed have I ever seen anyone slow down for the speed limits on the overhead signs

I feel like a right **** doing 50 when the sign is flashing 50 and everyone still goes past at 70

They're just advisory not mandatory so people ignore them.

What a thick **** I am

Mind you nobody ever obeys a mandatory 50 through roadworks either unless there's cameras

Never seem to see police checking those either

The ones with the red circle are mainly found in Variable speed areas (like part of the M62 for example) and every few of them have speed cameras on each lane.

Strangely, the cameras are only activated when there is a variable speed in place. If it's NSL, they don't work (to my understanding anyway)

When I was driving in France last year, the toll roads had 2 speed limits, one for dry weather and another for wet weather with signs every so often. Thought it was a cracking idea, especially when it started to lash down.

That's a bad idea - if you were in Wales or Scotland there would then have to be 4 signs............

OP is an idiot and should have his license revoked.

sliding all over the road.

When you see a sign saying Slow Down it means slow down, but there isn't any signs telling motorists to drive more carefully in wet weather.
Static signs ? You'd need a very big one for everywhere and some bloke to put it away when the sun comes out ,God ?

One sign i misunderstood was the skidding car,it doesn't mean that bit of road has slippy bits its juts an area that seems to catch people out and crashes are common.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back