Dream Team

Coeus

Striker
As the manager is the ever-present fall guy and the new owners imminent, I have seen a lot of talk of who should replace and what we should spend our money on.

Being the nice chap that I am, I thought I'd save the owners a couple of quid (because I know they're short) on expensive consultancy fees and lay it out for them.

Director Of Football: Les Reed. One of the few people who have experience in not only this position but also ours. Knows how to restructure scouting as well as a great CV of bringing through youth players.

Head Of Business Development. Brian Marwood.

Manager: Nicky Butt. Having held the position of Head of Acadamy at one of the largest clubs in the world he will have a fair deal of knowledge of the youth scene and how it works. Currently, head of first-team development he is gaining experience on how best to bring youth players through to men's football, something I believe ties in well with what should be our ethos.

Assistant Manager: SKP, just because.

Chief Scout: Valentino Angeloni. Apologise profusely for being a basket case of a club formerly and assure him that the new set up is not only now professional but also forward-thinking.

Ethos: Become a football factory capable of providing a coherent pathway to first-team football for some of the brightest talents from across the globe. Purchase players on the basis that we can judge a player's intrinsic value and with world-class coaching and state of the art analytics increase there worth 10 fold on a regular basis.

Fan Relations: Half seasonally, produce a review and explains targets without the need for any spin so the fans know with clarity what the club are trying to achieve and if and why they are failing to do so.

Club: Treat and respect players as if they multi-million-pound assets and expect them to follow suit. This includes every assistance that a professional sportsperson would gain from both on and off the field.

Accountability: Every staff member to treat the club and line of management with the utmost respect, no furthering there own agenda to be tolerated.

I've tried to keep it concise as I know you long rambling posts are not ideal for here.

Last edited:

As the manager is the ever-present fall guy and the new owners imminent, I have seen a lot of talk of who should replace and what we should spend our money on.

Being the nice chap that I am, I thought I'd save the owners a couple of quid (because I know they're short) on expensive consultancy fees and lay it out for them.

Director Of Football: Les Reed. One of the few people who have experience in not only this position but also ours. Knows how to restructure scouting as well as a great CV of bringing through youth players.

Manager: Nicky Butt. Having held the position of Head of Acadamy at one of the largest clubs in the world he will have a fair deal of knowledge of the youth scene and how it works. Currently, head of first-team development he is gaining experience on how best to bring youth players through to men's football, something I believe ties in well with what should be our ethos.

Chief Scout: Valentino Angeloni. Apologise profusely for being a basket case of a club formerly and assure him that the new set up is not only now professional but also forward-thinking.

Ethos: Become a football factory capable of providing a coherent pathway to first-team football for some of the brightest talents from across the globe. Purchase players on the basis that we can judge a player's intrinsic value and with world-class coaching and state of the art analytics increase there worth 10 fold on a regular basis.

Fan Relations: Half seasonally, produce a review and explains targets without the need for any spin so the fans know with clarity what the club are trying to achieve and if and why they are failing to do so.

Club: Treat and respect players as if they multi-million-pound assets and expect them to follow suit. This includes every assistance that a professional sportsperson would gain from both on and off the field.

Accountability: Every staff member to treat the club and line of management with the utmost respect, no furthering there own agenda to be tolerated.

I've tried to keep it concise as I know you long rambling posts are not ideal for here.
Nicky Butt? Nicky? Butt?

Nicky Butt 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Nicky Butt? Nicky? Butt?

Knows the area, his very job at the minute is being in charge of youth players transition into the first team at one of the biggest clubs in the world. If we want to focus on youth, who is better experienced?
Nicky Butt 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

You, sir, have no foresight. I suggest you apply for a job at the club in the present and past. For the future is for the brave.

Last edited:
Nicky Butt 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
Why not?

Not saying he would be any good but you can say that about every single manager out there. Experience is a load of bollocks in my opinion and from the outside he must be doing something right at Man U as he has been in that job a few years. Bring in a more experienced man to help him and who knows?

Nicky Butt? A sideways move.

Nicky Butt wouldn't be my choice but Swansea appointed the England youth team coach and they are sitting on top of the Championship.

I think the Sporting Director route is the way to go.

Just because I'm a nice chap I'm going to give you my thoughts

Les Reed - fair shout, didn't he do something similar with Southampton? Would he need to relocate up here to perform a similar role, would he be willing to?

Nicky Butt - great deal of difference being an academy manager and being the top man but can see your way of thinking. Need to know if he's been successful because he's at Man United or because he genuinely has talent as a coach and manager.

Assistant Manager - understand the sentiment but Kev seems to get sacked a lot.

Cheif Scout: Are you insane? Modibo Diakite and Cabral alone should mean this isn't even up for debate.

Ethos: Easy saying it, harder doing it. I highly doubt a large section of fans would have the patience for this to be implemented. Blooding youngsters regularly means there'll inevitably be mistakes every week, at least for a while.

Fan Relations: This is just a load of waffle

Club: Surely this is just a given and we do this now anyway

Accountability: Sounds like something they say at graft when we go into meetings. Also it’s ‘their’

Edit: Missed out Marwood but to be fair I don’t know a lot about him other than me dad went to school with him and said he was whingey as fuck

Last edited:
Nicky Butt wouldn't be my choice but Swansea appointed the England youth team coach and they are sitting on top of the Championship.

I think the Sporting Director route is the way to go.

Whose yours mate?

In not looking for someone with the intention of promotion from league one, I think Butt is of a right age, happy with the location and has the experience to create a completely new way of running the club.
Just because I'm a nice chap I'm going to give you my thoughts

Les Reed - fair shout, didn't he do something similar with Southampton? Would he need to relocate up here to perform a similar role, would he be willing to?

Nicky Butt - great deal of difference being an academy manager and being the top man but can see your way of thinking. Need to know if he's been successful because he's at Man United or because he genuinely has talent as a coach and manager.

Assistant Manager - understand the sentiment but Kev seems to get sacked a lot.

Cheif Scout: Are you insane? Modibo Diakite and Cabral alone should mean this isn't even up for debate.

Ethos: Easy saying it, harder doing it. I highly doubt a large section of fans would have the patience for this to be implemented. Blooding youngsters regularly means there'll inevitably be mistakes every week, at least for a while.

Fan Relations: This is just a load of waffle

Club: Surely this is just a given and we do this now anyway

Accountability: Sounds like something they say at graft when we go into meetings. Also it’s ‘their’

Edit: Missed out Marwood but to be fair I don’t know a lot about him other than me dad went to school with him and said he was whingey as fuck

Reed has done and for the right money and project, I think he would.

Butt I agree, ita difficult to tell if he did those jobs because of who he is or how good. The time he been there and the importance of jobs he has been given suggests he is seriously rated.

Scout, let's just disagree.

Ethos, If you put thought in to a plan and energy into executing it becomes alot easier. A energy drink company seem to do ok at it.

Fan relations, the pressure needs managing, further clarity would relieve some on the manager and players.
I really think that our new owners will appoint someone like him (a mag to boot) without any league managerial experience. Have you been drinking?

I seldom drink. Why do you think it's a bad idea?

Last edited:

Back