Dream Team

Why not?

Not saying he would be any good but you can say that about every single manager out there. Experience is a load of bollocks in my opinion and from the outside he must be doing something right at Man U as he has been in that job a few years. Bring in a more experienced man to help him and who knows?

Nice one.

I dont think he would need anyone else with reed as dof and a good coaching set up. He is completely primed to bring players through to the youth team. I assume he is conversant at conversing with all types of footballers being at man u and would command respect given his playing career.

His famed passing style.

I made that connection in my mind but thought I might look daft if i referenced it.

I've been thinking about the disconnect between my preference and some of the others.

I think it lies in the differing of opinion about what a manager actually is, it appears to me that most seem to think a clubs performance is down to that of the manager while I see them as a cog in the wheel.

I'd be interested to know what you and those of your opinion constitute being a good manager?

I remember you were a big fan of Moyes and it broke you somewhat to see the criticism he received on here. Is he a good manager because of what he did at Everton or bad because of what he did here?

Can a manager be good and simply have a bad time of it at a certain club, if so does that mean we not only require a "good" manager but it also needs to be the right time? Sounds like a lot of hoping to me.

In my opinion, Ranieri didn't win Leicester the league, the strategy they adopted in League one did. Adkins didn't get Southampton promoted via his amazing skill at management, the Ethos created in League one did. Klopp didn't pay off over a 100 million pounds of Dortmund debt, the decisions made above him did.

There are exceptions to every rule but hoping to find the next Reid or Wilder, right place, right time is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

Placing your clubs balance on a staff member that doesn't have that much power or say is folly.

Last edited:
I made that connection in my mind but thought I might look daft if i referenced it.

I've been thinking about the disconnect between my preference and some of the others.

I think it lies in the differing of opinion about what a manager actually is, it appears to me that most seem to think a clubs performance is down to that of the manager while I see them as a cog in the wheel.

I'd be interested to know what you and those of your opinion constitute being a good manager?

I remember you were a big fan of Moyes and it broke you somewhat to see the criticism he received on here. Is he a good manager because of what he did at Everton or bad because of what he did here?

Can a manager be good and simply have a bad time of it at a certain club, if so does that mean we not only require a "good" manager but it also needs to be the right time? Sounds like a lot of hoping to me.

In my opinion, Ranieri didn't win Leicester the league, the strategy they adopted in League one did. Adkins didn't get Southampton promoted via his amazing skill at management, the Ethos created in League one did. Klopp didn't pay off over a 100 million pounds of Dortmund debt, the decisions made above him did.

There are exceptions to every rule but hoping to find the next Reid or Wilder, right place, right time is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack.

Placing your clubs balance on a staff member that doesn't have that much power or say is folly.

You lost me, like others on Nicky Butt......End of!

You lost me, like others on Nicky Butt......End of!

Its a shame you're unable or unwilling to articulate your opinion. I would be interested in it.

I think your opinion "like others" are heavily influenced by the media, sky sports and the like. Which is fine, you don't expect football fans to study or even make coherent thoughts on anything strategy related. What is jarring is that our current owners are of a similar mindset.

It's almost as if the last 15 years bares no basis in peoples opinions. The club thrashes around looking at one way of doing things to the next. They have tried almost every different aspect of manager available in the hope that it will work, could be that they and you are of the wrong mindset?

Its a shame you're unable or unwilling to articulate your opinion. I would be interested in it.

I think your opinion "like others" are heavily influenced by the media, sky sports and the like. Which is fine, you don't expect football fans to study or even make coherent thoughts on anything strategy related. What is jarring is that our current owners are of a similar mindset.

It's almost as if the last 15 years bares no basis in peoples opinions. The club thrashes around looking at one way of doing things to the next. They have tried almost every different aspect of manager available in the hope that it will work, could be that they and you are of the wrong mindset?

I'm influenced by no one......BSA is what we need now!

I'm influenced by no one......BSA is what we need now!

Aye, you're a real rogue thinker coming up with BSA.

Truth be told any football club in league one would be incredibly lucky to have Sam but it would be nothing more than papering over our cracks. He is in no way conducive to changing the structure of this football club, it would just be more of the same everything now but better.

Aye, you're a real rogue thinker coming up with BSA.

Truth be told any football club in league one would be incredibly lucky to have Sam but it would be nothing more than papering over our cracks. He is in no way conducive to changing the structure of this football club, it would just be more of the same everything now but better.

Aye reetio! :rolleyes:

Back