Don't lose to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dislike time wasting, they did lots of it but the ref did add on 8 mins.
The worst piece of cheating in the game was from one of our players so not sure we can claim any kind of moral high ground on this occasion.

When were we cheating? I think they were far worse than we were

The over reaction for the sending off, although probably still a red without it, was appalling.

They had the same player go down twice in 2 minutes Which proceeded the rest of em to roll around for the last 20 minutes

Their manager told one of theirs to get further on the pitch and lie down when he was near enough out of touch

Their keeper continually fucked about with goal kicks from minute 1

More evidence of them being cheating fuckers than us! I don’t think these are excuses for a turgid performance, we weren’t good enough. But i do think they're relevant

The over reaction for the sending off, although probably still a red without it, was appalling.

They had the same player go down twice in 2 minutes Which proceeded the rest of em to roll around for the last 20 minutes

Their manager told one of theirs to get further on the pitch and lie down when he was near enough out of touch

More evidence of them being cheating fuckers than us! I don’t think these are excuses for a turgid performance, we weren’t good enough. But i do think they're relevant
O'Briens shocking dive trying to get a pen.
Wright should have been sent off as well.
I agree time wasting is really poor and happens a lot, the ref did add on 8 mins.

The time wasting was ridiculous today as always

Going down and staying down time and time again, taking forever with goal kicks

They even took forever coming out for the second half which was a joke. We were either unbelievably keen or they were very late out

I don’t think it would have made a difference Like but I’m not sure it’s something we can actually do anything about
The second half kicked off at 4.09pm and we were out for about 6 minutes. It was ridiculous. They should be fined for that.

O'Briens shocking dive trying to get a pen.
Wright should have been sent off as well.
I agree time wasting is really poor and happens a lot, the ref did add on 8 mins.

Aye fair enough O’Brien’s dive was horrendous and Wright was lucky but necessarily think wrights can be termed cheating, just shit and lucky

He did mate which was surprising but it’s not just about time. It breaks up our momentum (if we ever had any) and stops us playing. It also makes it a woeful watch.

Yeah you can say that’s for us to deal with but it’s something the ref should deal with earlier, dishing out yellow cards in stoppage time doesn’t do anything. Give one out in the 60th and it is more of a concern for the team time wasting
The second half kicked off at 4.09pm and we were out for about 6 minutes. It was ridiculous. They should be fined for that.

Absolutely, again it’s just trying to knock our momentum again and make us flat rather than being motivated from half time bollockings

Last edited:
Aye fair enough O’Brien’s dive was horrendous and Wright was lucky but necessarily think wrights can be termed cheating, just shit and lucky

He did mate which was surprising but it’s not just about time. It breaks up our momentum (if we ever had any) and stops us playing. It also makes it a woeful watch.

Yeah you can say that’s for us to deal with but it’s something the ref should deal with earlier, dishing out yellow cards in stoppage time doesn’t do anything. Give one out in the 60th and it is more of a concern for the team time wasting
Probably should, it's one of the most frustrating things about football imo, but it's not going anywhere we have to deal with it, hopefully by actually being in front more often!

Teams are going to come up here, sit in and play for a point. We know that, it’s been the same for two seasons.
So, go out and sign some creativity for centre mid or some pace and unpredictability up top or god forbid use options like Dan Neil whilst you have him. It’s no excuse.

Probably should, it's one of the most frustrating things about football imo, but it's not going anywhere we have to deal with it, hopefully by actually being in front more often!

I don’t disagree that if we went ahead it doesn’t happen!

Like you it just boils me piss when it does happen

A club come up here on a 3rd of our wage budget and takes the lead.

Time wasting appears entirely appropriate from their point of view.

They're managing their club accordingly, had we done the same we wouldnt be in this situation.

Absolutely, again it’s just trying to knock our momentum again and make us flat rather than being motivated from half time bollockings
This is the key. Just when we were getting up a head of steam some twat went sprawling and whining on the deck. You need strong referees and they are in very short supply in the scratters league.

This is the key. Just when we were getting up a head of steam some twat went sprawling and whining on the deck. You need strong referees and they are in very short supply in the scratters league.

It’s obviously part and parcel Of lower league football

Teams who use awful boring tactics to get ahead and refs that won’t step in

If teams tried to negate our “strengths” by playing different football rather than spoiling the game the gulf between L1 and Championship might not be so big

Teams are going to come up here, sit in and play for a point. We know that, it’s been the same for two seasons.
So, go out and sign some creativity for centre mid or some pace and unpredictability up top or god forbid use options like Dan Neil whilst you have him. It’s no excuse.
And don't have 5 defenders on the pitch.

As if Sunderland are not into game management.
It’s modern day football and here to stay.

As if Sunderland are not into game management.
It’s modern day football and here to stay.

No actually, we’ve got no fucker clever enough to think of doing the clever bits of time wasting to kill a game out

Mind there’s game management and there falling about like a soft shite, rolling all over and your general game plan been to make the game as fuckin awful as possible

5/10 minutes from the end of a game fair enough, 30 even sometimes 60 minutes away from the final whistle, Na mate just trying to ruin the game

And so it starts again

Fortunately for any team who starts with this aim, we are the ideal opponent.

We have no pace if we are on the break, and if not we move the ball so slowly before any final pass or cross that defenders and midfielders always have time to get in position.

We are easy to play against. Doesn't really matter if it's a new season or not, it was same old same old on Saturday, with more or less the same players with the same obvious limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back