Doner Haus “closes due technical problems”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Papadoms loads and thought the food was great. I enjoyed the bait in Doner Haus, and the beer, but never thought it would do well unfortunately. I am constantly amazed by how many people eat in Nando’s mind. Been once and was starving as soon as I got back home. Cannot see the attraction of the place at all
Nandos chicken doesn't taste or have the texture of chicken.

With them getting the lease cheap, looks like theyre just using it to test the market with different ideas. Will probably re-òpen as something else.

Did Papadoms ever open in Newcastle? As the website still says sunderland, cant see anything to suggest it did. Looks like the Bradford branch has also shut for good.

I went to Papadoms loads and thought the food was great. I enjoyed the bait in Doner Haus, and the beer, but never thought it would do well unfortunately. I am constantly amazed by how many people eat in Nando’s mind. Been once and was starving as soon as I got back home. Cannot see the attraction of the place at all
I always feel quite full after a Nando's, like. It has some kind of cult status because footballers and the like eat there, right?

With them getting the lease cheap, looks like theyre just using it to test the market with different ideas. Will probably re-òpen as something else.

Did Papadoms ever open in Newcastle? As the website still says sunderland, cant see anything to suggest it did. Looks like the Bradford branch has also shut for good.
Don’t think they ever did open in Newcastle

Even though the ones in Germany and the like are just as nice/better, you generally don't go to a sit down restaurant to eat them and the establishments are far more simple/holes in the wall. Guessing this where the mark up is coming from.

The ones I’ve been to in Germany have seats and tables, granted they haven’t had a refit like donerhaus has. I think they thought they could take the piss off of the back of the gourmet burger trend.

I always feel quite full after a Nando's, like. It has some kind of cult status because footballers and the like eat there, right?
I quite enjoy nando’s personally. It’s one of those things that the SMB loves to slate, but it’s just a fairly decent restaurant not trying to be much more than one rung up the ladder from fast-food. It does what it does well, and I think it priced reasonably for what you get.

I quite enjoy nando’s personally. It’s one of those things that the SMB loves to slate, but it’s just a fairly decent restaurant not trying to be much more than one rung up the ladder from fast-food. It does what it does well, and I think it priced reasonably for what you get.
I don't mind it. Always end up in there when down visiting my sister and her family as she's a picky eater. Had a few free ones off their loyalty card as well which is not to be sniffed at.

Yeah I quite like it too, tasty chicken and good sides. What’s the coffee like?

Nandos chicken doesn't taste or have the texture of chicken.

Nandos is class like..was through the Metro Centre yesterday and the queues for Nandos was massive..compared to Frankie and Bennys next door where there was next to no one in..the drink refill in Nandos helps like..places like Frankie and Bennys just fill your glass with ice and top it up..i personally love Nandos chicken wings like..the meat just falls off the bone.

Completely agree. To be honest I just love the peri sauces and put them on everything :lol:

I don't mind it. Always end up in there when down visiting my sister and her family as she's a picky eater. Had a few free ones off their loyalty card as well which is not to be sniffed at.
I don’t really know what the ‘i Wasn’t impressed’ brigade were expecting. It’s not as if they market themselves as fine dining. You order at the till and pay upfront ffs....it’s the same business model as Wetherspoons!

Yeah I quite like it too, tasty chicken and good sides. What’s the coffee like?
Dunno mate, always have a bottomless soft-drink and fill myself to bursting trying to get my money’s-worth!

I don’t really know what the ‘i Wasn’t impressed’ brigade were expecting. It’s not as if they market themselves as fine dining. You order at the till and pay upfront ffs....it’s the same business model as Wetherspoons!

Dunno mate, always have a bottomless soft-drink and fill myself to bursting trying to get my money’s-worth!

For me, price & lack of drinks selection.
Obviously if you're not drinking the bottomless soft drink thing is canny.

For me, price & lack of drinks selection.
Obviously if you're not drinking the bottomless soft drink thing is canny.
I think the price is ok, it’s gone up a bit which I balked at recently, but I can take the family there for around £40, so about double the cost of a Burger King. As for the drinks selection, I’m not sure that’s really what they’re aiming at, they want you in and out, so the menu and drinks are geared towards that model, it’s not really the type of place you take your time in and spend a few hours relaxing at.

Horses for courses though mate.

Watery, weird texture and overpriced is what I get. Macho peas are nice mind
Odd, I’ve never had anything but good chicken. I only ever get the full chicken to share with the missus though, so I can’t really comment on the rest of the menu.

I think one problem with Nandos is that it used to do bigger portion sizes AND was far far cheaper. It was only a touch more than KFC at one point.
There's something about a cheap place changing to higher prices that puts me off. Oneplus is another example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back