*** Doncaster v Sunderland match thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many wins would it take until it becomes "proof" in your eyes?
A damn site more than one!!!

I'd also have to see evidence that he actually knows what he's doing rather than simply stumbling on a random team selection that happens to work on the odd day. Anyone who suddenly thinks Parkinson is the answer is a fool.

Personally thought the last two held absolutely nothing to be positive about. All about opinions I suppose.

What did you see in particular you thought was positive?

Positive is an exaggeration! - I simply felt we were far less poor than previously - in both the last two we created chances (and blew them), we had spells of decent passing and some of the attempted moves (failed) showed better decision-making. The games prior to that were some of the most depressing I've seen - the last two weren't quite of that incredibly low calibre. ITHICS though, always ITHICS.

I'd also have to see evidence that he actually knows what he's doing rather than simply stumbling on a random team selection that happens to work on the odd day. Anyone who suddenly thinks Parkinson is the answer is a fool.

The fact the Parky apologists are going overboard after one win tells you they don't really believe in him deep down.

If they were confident it wasn't one swallow and it is actually summer they'd be much more measured about it.

It was the same after Tranmere.

The team has shown greater shape in the last couple of games. That shape was retained today, but with greater conviction in midfield and more effective pressing up front. A plan came together and we won. I will have a drink, now.

The players need to have a long hard look at themselves. They started this game with an intensity and desire to attack that was the exact opposite of recent games.

McGeady, our best player. Had he been playing we could have scored more.

I don't think he is our best player anymore. Last year certainly he was, but he's been off the boil this season.

Who would you have dropped for him? Gooch? Maguire?

Fuck me one win and people are buying tickets for the promotion bus, I so hope it's the start of something good but I thought that after tranmere, let's just cross our fingers instead of pissing our pants with excitement

The players need to have a long hard look at themselves. They started this game with an intensity and desire

This, and surprise surprise we get a positive result. The closing down was a marked difference- where has this sort of application and desire been ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back