Donald not responding to takeover offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've made us financially stable, which is priority number one.

I agree about the fuck ups at the club, but that's because a lot of the staff are amateur at best but if anyone dares to call them out, it's shouted down. Methven had their number and was roundly abused for not accepting the mediocrity.

We can't afford to keep the academy at the same levels as the previous year, that's not great, but it's reality.

We need to realise our income is a fraction of what it was and we need to cut our cloth to match.

Short made us financially stable though by writing off the debt surely?

they’ve had 2 seasons with more income than anyone else and failed. Now we have to cut costs more and accept any salary caps which means we are on a level with others

Last edited:

For a day yes, but the ongoing business was still losing money so the debt accumulation would have started again. That's what needed to be addressed.

they’ve had 2 seasons with more income than anyone else and failed. Now we have to cut costs more and accept any salary caps which means we are on a level with others

Not on a day-to-day basis. The debt writeoff stabilised the balance sheet, but did nothing to address the level of overspend still happening at the time of sale.

Reactions: Hep
For a day yes, but the ongoing business was still losing money so the debt accumulation would have started again. That's what needed to be addressed.

i agree, but cutting costs to the extreme they have whilst doing badly on the pitch doesn’t work.

i agree, but cutting costs to the extreme they have whilst doing badly on the pitch doesn’t work.
If you don't cut your costs to your level income, you'll go bust and they'll be no pitch to play on.
That fans are pissed off because of a Daily Mail article.

If you genuinely believe that then you either haven't got a clue what you are talking about or are deliberately choosing to ignore everything to illogically try and discredit people's views on the matter with a flippant superficial comment.
So what are the exact problems?

We've stabilised the finances and that's hurt, but it's essential. Without it the club will go bust.

We were 1 game/3 pts of 2nd place when covid hit.

Last edited:
If you don't cut your costs to your level income, you'll go bust and they'll be no pitch to play on.

but they said towards the end of year 1 the finances were great and on target to make a profit. Then continued to cost cut and sell and take on a loan

We've stabilised the finances and that's hurt, but it's essential. Without it the club will go bust.

Do some research, mate. It been covered on here over an over with very little reference to the Daily Mail article. There's even a thread on twitter about some of it that's been linked on here in the last couple of days.

If you don't know already I suspect you never will though for whatever motive you have.

Last edited:

Having played a game more than all the teams above us and in the worse run of form than all the teams above us

Sloanbee making a fool of himself shocker. Painting a picture of roses. We are Sunderland football club. Massive infrastructure, fan base and a cat 1 academy. No one has this in league one. We have had the benefit of PP over the last 2 year too. Now, with these owners, we are heading into a third season in league one, cat 1 academy is without a manager, next generation getting sold consistently, absolute disgust from the large majority of the hardcore fanbase, season tickets down to the lowest number since the SOL opened, Refunds being stretched out and make complicated as possible due to the financial state of the owners and to be transparent most people are dreading the next campaign.

Sloanbee, don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's f***ing raining.
They have to be someone from the club just seen a tweet from RM where YU states that the SD had told him a deal had been done before the outbreak of COVID so what the F is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back