Donald not responding to takeover offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We started the year with 29 points from a possible 36. If you were to extrapolate that over a full season it gives you 110 points, just to put that run into context. We are a still a good team, needing some slight adjustments, and I do believe we have a good Manager even though many may have their doubts. Bettering this campaign and aiming for the top six will be the objective for this season and we will be very competitive. That means we will be difficult to beat and we will win most weekends.

If you're waking up as a Bury fan, you don't have a club. Who knows when they'll have another club to represent their community, if they ever will again. If you're waking up as a Wigan fan, you're facing the prospect of losing your best players for a fraction of their value and relegation, and who knows what happens then. They'll possibly be in a position similar to Bolton where the best they've got to look forward to is to lose every week, and the worst case scenario is that they don't have a club either.

Sunderland has its issues and the ownership have made mistakes but it's a far cry from the hard realities many clubs have faced, are facing or will face shortly. That does not mean you have to like them but our relatively strong position in a challenging landscape has to be acknowledged.

What happened after that Tom?

There's a difference between 'aiming for' and 'capable of' IMO. SAFC should never be aiming for league one play-offs. It's not acceptable

I understand mate but frankly, I wouldn't care if we were only capable for playoffs short term if we were aiming to be more intelligent.

That @Summerbee comment has probably pissed me off more than it should about thank your lucky stars we are not Bury.

Could it be more telling of our hierarchy and the job they have done that we have to compare ourselves to the very worst, not good, not even middling but the absolute worst-case scenario is how they choose to measure themselves?
What happened after that Tom?

If you were to extrapolate a game that we won over a full season it would mean we were record breakers, I'm not sure what the problem is here?

Last edited:
I understand mate but frankly, I wouldn't care if we were only capable for playoffs short term if we were aiming to be more intelligent.

That @Summerbee comment has probably pissed me off more than it should about thank your lucky stars we are not Bury.

Could it be more telling of our hierarchy and the job they have done that we have to compare ourselves to the very worst, not good, not even middling but the absolute worst-case scenario is how they choose to measure themselves?

If you were to extrapolate a game that we won over a full season it would mean we were record breakers, I'm not sure what the problem is here?

:lol: exactly. Fancy picking out the one month we actually picked wins up and trying to pass it off as representing the season we've just witnessed as a whole.
They say you're only as good as your last game and we were battered at Bristol Rovers for fuck's sake.

I think young Thomas should stick to exploiting problem gamblers. His firm's odds in March on us going up automatically would be far more telling.

We started the year with 29 points from a possible 36. If you were to extrapolate that over a full season it gives you 110 points, just to put that run into context. We are a still a good team, needing some slight adjustments, and I do believe we have a good Manager even though many may have their doubts. Bettering this campaign and aiming for the top six will be the objective for this season and we will be very competitive. That means we will be difficult to beat and we will win most weekends.

If you're waking up as a Bury fan, you don't have a club. Who knows when they'll have another club to represent their community, if they ever will again. If you're waking up as a Wigan fan, you're facing the prospect of losing your best players for a fraction of their value and relegation, and who knows what happens then. They'll possibly be in a position similar to Bolton where the best they've got to look forward to is to lose every week, and the worst case scenario is that they don't have a club either.

Sunderland has its issues and the ownership have made mistakes but it's a far cry from the hard realities many clubs have faced, are facing or will face shortly. That does not mean you have to like them but our relatively strong position in a challenging landscape has to be acknowledged.
You are literally a clown. Remember at the wise men say talk in before Christmas when you rocked up to basically blame our fans for hounding out Maja, Honeyman etc. Actual muppet.

Thats exactly what has happened to our youth teams. Our future sold off for a pittance.

Bali mumba about to be sold for 350k.

Our "£5 million" keeper left on a free as we couldn't be bothered to offer him a contract due to us having cheaper options.

Donald agreeing to release cattermole and oviedo and then extend the amount of time to pay off their contracts to help to cash flow. But straddling the club with a debt for an even longer period.

Thats exactly what has happened to our youth teams. Our future sold off for a pittance.

Bali mumba about to be sold for 350k.

Our "£5 million" keeper left on a free as we couldn't be bothered to offer him a contract due to us having cheaper options.

Donald agreeing to release cattermole and oviedo and then extend the amount of time to pay off their contracts to help to cash flow. But straddling the club with a debt for an even longer period.

Long term strategy summed up beautifully. Future sold off for a pittance.

Last edited:
You are living proof that care in the community often fails.
Whatever drugs you are on, they are simply not working.
Hes got to keep spewing out this shit so when fans are allowed back in then him and his mates get their corporate hospitality. He's supposed to be a Sunderland fan but comes on here to try and defend the owners for his own personal gain even though he knows how shit they are
As for his way of defending parkinson as a good manager let's look at the facts.
When he first came in he went on a horrendous run that took us to the lowest position in the clubs entire history.
He worked on the players fitness and his own style of play which then sent us on a decent run.
Within 2 months most teams had worked his system out and we were the easiest team in the league to defend against.
Mr Parkinson then had no plan B and this daft twat still thinks he's a good manager.
As long as he gets his fee meal, drink , programme and comfortable seat he'll keep defending them, hes actually worse than they are

Hes got to keep spewing out this shit so when fans are allowed back in then him and his mates get their corporate hospitality. He's supposed to be a Sunderland fan but comes on here to try and defend the owners for his own personal gain even though he knows how shit they are
As for his way of defending parkinson as a good manager let's look at the facts.
When he first came in he went on a horrendous run that took us to the lowest position in the clubs entire history.
He worked on the players fitness and his own style of play which then sent us on a decent run.
Within 2 months most teams had worked his system out and we were the easiest team in the league to defend against.
Mr Parkinson then had no plan B and this daft twat still thinks he's a good manager.
As long as he gets his fee meal, drink , programme and comfortable seat he'll keep defending them, hes actually worse than they are

Bang-on the money lad. Particularly regarding Parkinson, absolutely spot-on.
Some of our fans would try and defend this lot if they took us down into the national league

If they burned the stadium down with Super Kev and Gary Rowell tied up on the centre circle you'd still have silly sods making excuses for them.

Last edited:

If you are who you are supposed to be you're a Fookin melt....."aiming for top 6" its Fookin League Juan......
And then thank our lucky stars we're not Bury or Bolton, why can we not be Burnley or Southampton?
These Fookas won the lottery by buying a lucky dip, think small act small, if the gigs too big jog on numbnuts......

If you think 14,000 didn’t renew because of it f I would suggest respectfully that you need to stop drinking bleach. Those 14,000 and I’ll educate a pure guess didn’t renew because the club and Donald shafted them, showed them zero respect and laughed in their faces.

In reality it’s more a mixture of both factors. Bet a fair few of them renew again as soon as they can get back in the stadium. People were annoyed at the ownership, because they were being asked to keep paying for tickets for no product. Doesn’t mean that many won’t renew as soon as the football is back.

Remind me how many points we took off Bolton last season whilst they were “losing every week” ?
What does that have to do with the entire season? Are you judging the club on the outcome of two games?
Some of our fans would try and defend this lot if they took us down into the national league
It's great to give them abuse, but it does nothing but things worse.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with the entire season? Are you judging the club on the outcome of two games?

It's great to give them abuse, but it does nothing but things worse.

doing / saying nothing for 18 months has let it get worse, to the point where it is now an utter shambles. Not sure how fans / Rawa etc. having their say makes it worse now - something has to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back