Donald and Methven

The cycle of sacking Managers each season needs to stop but this appointment has that feeling it is more of the same. If we keep thinking short term, get promoted then worry about the next step we will never move from a yo-yo club. We need some sort of long term vision. Even if Parkinson gets us promoted his record in the Championship is dismal. So are we back to sacking another Manager yet again?

Good post.

Except they are going to fall on their swords with this appointment IMO!

Rockster please bookmark this... we will NOT get promoted this season!

I would not go as far as to say we won’t get promoted, but this team, Manager and Owner will seriously struggle in the Championship

Totally agree. We need to put some long term thinking and vision into this club but it's all about the short term. Their running of the football side of things has been an absolute shambles imo.
I m starting to think this way. Recruitment has been appalling. Not helped one bit by the fact Ross could not decide on how he wanted to play. I was shocked at the lack of scouting network. 18 f***ing months they’ve been here. It’s all very amateur.

I m starting to think this way. Recruitment has been appalling. Not helped one bit by the fact Ross could not decide on how he wanted to play. I was shocked at the lack of scouting network. 18 f***ing months they’ve been here. It’s all very amateur.

Insurance salesman in talks a good game shocker.....

If your reading this please don’t just invite investment, get a takeover and leave the club!
You’ve done some great things for supporters and fans engagement but when the going got tough you’ve ran a mile! You’ve sacked Jack Ross but to me and probably a lot of fans one of the main issues is recruitment/scouting being short term and no planning but they stay in their jobs after failing and providing they aren’t cut out for the job!
We aren’t a non-league club we are SAFC we deserve and need to aim and plan for bigger better times!

Jesus... your right about one thing. Recruitment.
Sounds like half this board at the moment

We need a resident psychoanalyst on here who can check in with posters that they are ok.

This place

Spot on

Absolutely stinks of the short term, get promoted then sell up.

see i don't mind the fact they might be thinking of getting promoted then selling up and making money from the club. if that happens then they have done the job of turning us round a bit.

my problem is there is no need to appoint a manager for the short term to do that, they still could have picked a manager that is progressive with a plan in place for a few years ahead, someone who could be on the up and improving.

i hate all this we need someone with league one experience shit that is getting said, that isnt true at all. i personally think parkinsons record in league one is pretty average tbh.
did the 3 managers who got promoted last year have much league one experience?

dunno why i'm ranting at your comment like but i needed a rant.

If your reading this please don’t just invite investment, get a takeover and leave the club!
You’ve done some great things for supporters and fans engagement but when the going got tough you’ve ran a mile! You’ve sacked Jack Ross but to me and probably a lot of fans one of the main issues is recruitment/scouting being short term and no planning but they stay in their jobs after failing and providing they aren’t cut out for the job!
We aren’t a non-league club we are SAFC we deserve and need to aim and plan for bigger better times!
SD/CM

If you're reading this, not all of us think this way.

Thanks.

see i don't mind the fact they might be thinking of getting promoted then selling up and making money from the club. if that happens then they have done the job of turning us round a bit.

my problem is there is no need to appoint a manager for the short term to do that, they still could have picked a manager that is progressive with a plan in place for a few years ahead, someone who could be on the up and improving.

i hate all this we need someone with league one experience shit that is getting said, that isnt true at all. i personally think parkinsons record in league one is pretty average tbh.
did the 3 managers who got promoted last year have much league one experience?

dunno why i'm ranting at your comment like but i needed a rant.
Nee bosh marra, get it off your chest

Would be interesting to see a list of big/sizeable clubs who dropped into this league in the past, and who their managers were.
Wolves, City, Leeds, Boro, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Pompey, Forest, Bolton , Birmingham
I can’t remember any big names in particular. Jackett at Wolves

Last edited:

Back