Donald and Methven

If your reading this please don’t just invite investment, get a takeover and leave the club!
You’ve done some great things for supporters and fans engagement but when the going got tough you’ve ran a mile! You’ve sacked Jack Ross but to me and probably a lot of fans one of the main issues is recruitment/scouting being short term and no planning but they stay in their jobs after failing and providing they aren’t cut out for the job!
We aren’t a non-league club we are SAFC we deserve and need to aim and plan for bigger better times!

If your reading this please don’t just invite investment, get a takeover and leave the club!
You’ve done some great things for supporters and fans engagement but when the going got tough you’ve ran a mile! You’ve sacked Jack Ross but to me and probably a lot of fans one of the main issues is recruitment/scouting being short term and no planning but they stay in their jobs after failing and providing they aren’t cut out for the job!
We aren’t a non-league club we are SAFC we deserve and need to aim and plan for bigger better times!
Embarrassing. Stay away.

The cycle of sacking Managers each season needs to stop but this appointment has that feeling it is more of the same. If we keep thinking short term, get promoted then worry about the next step we will never move from a yo-yo club. We need some sort of long term vision. Even if Parkinson gets us promoted his record in the Championship is dismal. So are we back to sacking another Manager yet again?

I’m also disappointed that it seems that the Americans may not be as on board as I was hoping, based I’ll say purely on rumours on rtg posted by a few, I think, well meaning folks, and I’m disappointed that we look like getting a first division manager, although we are, let’s be honest here, an average first division club at the minute, but ffs I’m not putting a fatwah on Donald for it.

None of us know why the Americans haven’t completed. Somebody on rtg says “he’s probably wanting to retain control “, somebody else says “he seems to wants more money”, somebody else says “looks like he’s moving the goalposts”, finally somebody says “Nathan O’Brien has been pictured with him, and the Americans, he might be either commercial director or an investor “. Nobody knows the truth, only those involved, but those posts, and sadly I scribbled the just of them down a week ago, have lead to this outpouring on sd. Add to that these conspiracy dicks who now believe Donald and methven are pulling off a Bernie Madoff sized scam with their own businesses monies and hey presto, we now have an owner who rivals Mike Ashley in popularity.

And what’s he actually done that we can say hand on heart, not what we think, or worse still that somebody’s cousins best mates uncle thinks, he’s entered in to talks with a few interested investors who will inject capital at a time when its needed, he’s still talking to them, he’s dismissed a failing manager, and is trying to attract a replacement, with a limited budget for both his wages and player recruitment in January, at a club where our expectations far outweigh our ability, he managed our finances to a point where we’re not in immediate danger of doing a Bolton or a bury. Yup we should get the pitchforks out, he’s a f***ing monster.

I’m not a massive fan of the lad, he gans on like a dick trying to be the people’s champ all the time, I’d rather he acted like a millionaire, a bit aloof, and looking like he oozes money, but he doesn’t, but let’s see it as it is, if the investors walk away, well we’re no worse off than we were two months ago. If we get Parkinson, well we needed rid of Ross he couldn’t get the team playing, none of this needs be Donald’s fault, in fact it might be a plus for the club, we don’t know.

The cycle of sacking Managers each season needs to stop but this appointment has that feeling it is more of the same. If we keep thinking short term, get promoted then worry about the next step we will never move from a yo-yo club. We need some sort of long term vision. Even if Parkinson gets us promoted his record in the Championship is dismal. So are we back to sacking another Manager yet again?
Spot on

Absolutely stinks of the short term, get promoted then sell up.

The recruitment has been poor.

This place has gone batshit (well more than usual) recently.
If you take away rumours (that SD fed) about investment, we're in the same position we were in August - one half decent striker and 2 lads who occasionally look like they are footballers up front, a midfield with the creative ability of a pound of spuds, a defence that is all over the shop. We've peddled a manager who couldn't buy a win and are now scrabbling around for someone who can get us out of this division.

I think they are trying to revive the club but their key appointments and strategy on the football side are looking a bit shambolic. The recruiting, the academy, the selection of managers, the football model. All very important matters and none looking too good at the moment.

Totally agree. We need to put some long term thinking and vision into this club but it's all about the short term. Their running of the football side of things has been an absolute shambles imo.

Back