Don’t use Gorilla Glue to style your hair

While we're slagging the yanks, does it grate on anyone else that they refer to everything by a brand name? Its super glue man.

Also the term "off brand" to mean generic versions.
IT's not super glue. Gorilla Glue is different. Gorilla do produce a super glue but they call it super glue. Super Glue was a trade name IIRC. It's actually C4 glue.

Last edited:

You need to moisten surfaces when using Gorilla Glue so wet hair is ideal

The woman is a genius and should be applauded for her innovative use of adhesives.

I'm sure Winnebago had to rewrite their owners handbook as some dozy yank pressed cruise control on his motorhome and then got out the drivers seat to go and make a cup of coffee - while he was driving by the way.

Thats the story that instantly triggered my memory when I read this thread:lol:

I'm sure Winnebago had to rewrite their owners handbook as some dozy yank pressed cruise control on his motorhome and then got out the drivers seat to go and make a cup of coffee - while he was driving by the way.
Some years ago some chap in America burst his eardrum by poking around with a screwdriver.
He sued the screwdriver company because it didn’t say it wasn’t for cleaning your lugs.
He didn’t get a payout but the toolmakers had to write” not for aural usage “ on the packaging.
Why can’t people just say they got it wrong ? Or more prudently say nothing at all - it smacks of attention seeking at any cost.

Some years ago some chap in America burst his eardrum by poking around with a screwdriver.
He sued the screwdriver company because it didn’t say it wasn’t for cleaning your lugs.
He didn’t get a payout but the toolmakers had to write” not for aural usage “ on the packaging.
Why can’t people just say they got it wrong ? Or more prudently say nothing at all - it smacks of attention seeking at any cost.

Only in America. :lol:

Is it that they're stupid or they see an opportunity to sue a company for usage not covered in their manuals because abnormal usague would not occur to most people.

Yup, some of them are stupid.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw her described as a tiktokker I thought "A what?" she must be popular though as she has raised 9000 dollars in a fund page to sort her barnet out.
That is what I thought. Being a tiktokker is a thing now and something you can do for a living? I still dont really know what it is, but get the impression it is lots of people miming to songs, is that right?

If I start putting ads in my posts, could I have a career as a smber?
On the plus side, it doesn’t look like she will need a bike helmet now

Last edited:
That gets insane. What about twigs on trees? Nobody is responsible for producing them. Litigation is not there to protect those without any common sense.

That is what I thought. Being a tiktokker is a thing now and something you can do for a living? I still dont really know what it is, but get the impression it is lots of people miming to songs, is that right?

If I start putting ads in my posts, could I have a career as a smber?

On the plus side, it doesn’t look like she will need a bike helmet now

Reminds me of this.

Logon or register to see this image

Back