Dom Bess

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he showed was he can handle himself with the bat. The bowling may or may not come. A selection headache when Leach regains fitness. A nice position to be in and they should both go to Sri Lanka.

I really hope he turns out good as we desperately need a quality spinner but near enough impossible to make a judgement on him, I know he has a good first class record but the wickets at Taunton have been soo heavily in favour of spin in a lot of them games.

I really hope he turns out good as we desperately need a quality spinner but near enough impossible to make a judgement on him, I know he has a good first class record but the wickets at Taunton have been soo heavily in favour of spin in a lot of them games.

Good point, but perhaps that might be what we need in the long run - after all, it'll have allowed him far more Match practice than he'd have got by his age at 95% of the other counties.

I don't mind a raging Bunsen or 2 around the counties. It did Panesar and Swann no harm at Northants. Maybe there should be a couple more now that over half of our away tests are played on pitches that turn square.

first time id seen him bowl last week and he bowled couple of bad balls an over however would be good to see him given a chance as we are desperate for a decent spinner

I don't mind a raging Bunsen or 2 around the counties. It did Panesar and Swann no harm at Northants. Maybe there should be a couple more now that over half of our away tests are played on pitches that turn square.

Absolutely, should be more spinning pitches

the fact counties always complained when going there shows how short termist some of them are

Probably because he's a better batsman and bowler than Bess? At the moment.

I saw Bess make his one day debut for Somerset during the week, bowled 3 overs for 30 odd, don't think he spun a single delivery. He's still got a lot to learn but definitely seems to have the character.

Probably because he's a better batsman and bowler than Bess? At the moment.

I saw Bess make his one day debut for Somerset during the week, bowled 3 overs for 30 odd, don't think he spun a single delivery. He's still got a lot to learn but definitely seems to have the character.
Ali has been poor for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back