Dogs on Beds

If the misses doesnt stop eating breakfast in bed after I go to work she is going to have her sleeping arrangements swapped with the dog.

We had one come in of his own accord the other day. He shits in our garden as well, can’t help but respect it.
Aye, my parents had one come in and they fed it some food. Feck knows how they had cat food - they have never had a cat!
It visited every evening from then, presumably to get fed, stayed for an hour then f***ed off home.
One day they somehow found out the cat's name, I think from speaking to a neighbour and they said it out loud. The cat turned and looked at them.
That was the last they ever saw of him. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and in fact the cat was reduced to a furry pancake under a car wheel somewhere on the housing estate.
They are lovely!!
I have a furry monster of a German Shep called Jarvis*. He sleeps on his back and turns into the Pompeii Dog when he is tired. Mental!

*Not my FIRST pet's name for any ID thieves strolling through..... :p

Last edited:
We've always had rescue dogs.
3 of the dogs we have at the moment came from 'Many tears' rescue in South Wales.
The 3 of them are all ex breeding dogs (two female and one male), they'd never lived in a house before, had no human interaction and basically had a shit existence.
So, we work hard on them to give them a comfortable 'retirement' where they feel loved and cherished.
We let them all sleep on our bed because as you say, 'It's nice to be nice'
Our dog doesn’t sleep on the bed (he can’t jump on to it anyway 😂)
I can understand why you let yours do it though.

the girl (black one) is 5 and a half and the boy 4 and a half.

they’re very proud of themselves at the moment as they just caught a male pheasant on their walk and are scranning it in the garden as I type 🤣
She is a stunner marra.
the girl (black one) is 5 and a half and the boy 4 and a half.

they’re very proud of themselves at the moment as they just caught a male pheasant on their walk and are scranning it in the garden as I type 🤣
View media item 9195My first fella. I was only 6 years old. 52 years ago, and the only pic I've got.
Tought me how to love a dog that big man.❤

Last edited:
3 of the dogs we have at the moment came from 'Many tears' rescue in South Wales.
The 3 of them are all ex breeding dogs (two female and one male), they'd never lived in a house before, had no human interaction and basically had a shit existence.
So, we work hard on them to give them a comfortable 'retirement' where they feel loved and cherished.

Logon or register to see this image

On the bed, with me, where she belongs. I love every furry fluffy bit of her.

And yes, she is on my pillow. Going to have people raging now :D

She's lovely.
We have dogs cos we love dogs.
Surely then, they should be pampered and 'spoilt'.
My thoughts exactly and thank you! My main wish for getting a dog was that she/he would be a loving companion and that’s what she is. I spoil her rotten as does everyone else in my family and so we should as she is an absolute star. She rules our house and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

My thoughts exactly and thank you! My main wish for getting a dog was that she/he would be a loving companion and that’s what she is. I spoil her rotten as does everyone else in my family and so we should as she is an absolute star. She rules our house and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

everyone says I'm far too soft with my dogs

Too right.
Tell you what, when we look back to when we first took in our ex-breeding dogs and how nervous and frightened (even of us) they were, and then to see how happy and confident they are now, the feeling of satisfaction is amazing
everyone says I'm far too soft with my dogs
Thing is though, they're not children.
Yes there's the obvious responsibilities of owning dogs, but they're not being brought up to be 'responsible' adults.
They're there to spoil and pamper (imo)

Last edited:
Just get some "throws" from BnM man. My lab kips on the settee or on my bed whichever she decides to use. Not a problem. Don't expect non dog owners/lovers to understand.
Only scruffs have animals in beds with them, disgusting behaviour
Hmmm, I draw the line at "in" !:eek:
Got my fantastic golden Labrador late 2017 and she's brilliant. Can't believe I waited so long to have another dog as the last one I had was 1976 !!

Last edited:
Just get some "throws" from BnM man. My lab kips on the settee or on my bed whichever she decides to use. Not a problem. Don't expect non dog owners/lovers to understand.

Hmmm, I draw the line at "in" !:eek:

Got my fantastic golden Labrador late 2017 and she's brilliant. Can't believe I waited so long to have another dog as the last one I had was 1976 !!
Lets have a look at her then👍👍👍

Sounds really nice mate. Good work.

Working cocker. No chance the hairy little fucker is sleeping on my bed. I absolutely love him but I can’t let him do that. He was crate trained as a puppy but we just let him sleep on the couch on a throw now. I come down every morning to him on his back flashing his lipstick at me. The only thing that annoys me about him really is the amount of hair he sheds.

Working cocker. No chance the hairy little fucker is sleeping on my bed. I absolutely love him but I can’t let him do that. He was crate trained as a puppy but we just let him sleep on the couch on a throw now. I come down every morning to him on his back flashing his lipstick at me. The only thing that annoys me about him really is the amount of hair he sheds.
My working cocker swims everyday, towel dried and quick brush of his lugs, and no real hair problem marra.

Back