Does this country need a government?

safcrob

Winger
Why not just let the BMA run the NHS, the MET run the police, the british army run the military and the Monetary office run the finances instead of voting for people that have never worked and went to university to study sociology.

What we also need is ministers who are in charge of departments actually having some kind of background expertise or experience in their field.
I'm sure Canada has that kind of system. Their Minister for Health (or whatever title) is a Doctor etc

What we also need is ministers who are in charge of departments actually having some kind of background expertise or experience in their field.
I'm sure Canada has that kind of system. Their Minister for Health (or whatever title) is a Doctor etc

Chris Grayling does not like this.

Unbelievable that he was made Lord Chancellor despite having no legal qualifications at all.

Said something similar donkeys ago.
People who know what they are doing and have an understanding of what's going on.
These ministers will go along with what they are being told and not have an original thought.

You would think that would make sense (and I would agree with you) except I know a GP who couldn't work out why they had to pay so much more tax after they got their new contracts under Labour back in the 90's. I tried explaining that she was paying more tax because she was now earning a lot more but it didn't compute! And it wasn't Liam Fox.

doctors aren't business analysts though. they should all be intertwined. health expert says we need this, financial forecaster says we can afford this. both of them decide where the cash goes.

Back