Does Sunderland Need a Nudist Beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the law is a bit vague on nudity.
It isn't actally illegal to be naked outdoors, it's illegal to be indecent
I believe that in order to make an arrest it has to be shown that the nudity has caused "offence". The lad walking along the sea front today did not appear to be causing "offence" it seemed to me that most people thought it was funny rather than them being morally outraged .

Nudist beaches should be like the funfair rides - penis measurements should be taken before entry permission given. Then, only us Seaham lads would be allowed entry.

Utter cocks (like those from Peterlee) need not apply.

I believe that in order to make an arrest it has to be shown that the nudity has caused "offence". The lad walking along the sea front today did not appear to be causing "offence" it seemed to me that most people thought it was funny rather than them being morally outraged .

Judging by the comments on the Sunderland Now Facebook page he 'wants locking up' and is a 'filthy pervert'.

Some people need to find their sense of humour.

We have dedicated naturist beaches here in DK like anywhere else but by law everyone is allowed to strip fully down on any beach in the land. I don't see a problem with nudity. Would rather be naked than follow a fashion of clothing dictated to me by the fashion industry. To mis-quote a saying, we are born naked, we die naked, anything inbetween is make-believe.

I don't see the problem either, provided it's kept to places like beaches. This 'what if children see it?' argument is a bit pathetic, IMO. I'd pose the question, 'yes, what exactly will happen?

It'll be the end of the world! Children's eyes will melt, they'll be scarred for life! :lol:

Nah, from people want to sunbathe in the nude then do it in your own back garden. The whole concept of nudist beaches is weird imo.

Call me radical and what not but if someone wants to walk around naked I couldn't give a shit. Yeah, if someone is actually acting indecently (e.g. wanking off in front of you) then that's not ok, but what is wrong with nudity? And why is it ok for children to be naked but not adults? Was swimming in the wear over the weekend and there were quite a few kids (e.g. 7 or 8) running round naked. What age is it no longer ok?

Went to a beach in Barcelona where there were loads of naked people (wasn't nudist but say 50/50 split). Chose not to myself, but can't say it bothered me. Also never had a problem with being naked in saunas/ steam rooms etc. in Europe where it's the norm. And then in men's changing rooms most people walk around naked and it's fine.

Just bizarre social norms that make no sense to me and are outdated. Think it's because people associate nudity = sex, when it clearly doesn't.

And people wear things all the time which make me feel uncomfortable. I find full burkahs pretty uncomfortable but I respect the person's right to wear it, even though I think it's got deeply misogynistic undertones. Maybe some people feel slightly awkward seeing a flaccid cock or a pair of tits. Get over it if the person's not bothering you.

When the cameras go around the sol on matchdays I think that is enough reason not to have a nudist beach.
Pass the vomit bag

This 'what if children see it?' argument is a bit pathetic, IMO. I'd pose the question, 'yes, what exactly will happen?

I don't get this either. They're just bodies and everyone has one! My daughter wanders in my room and often sees me walking round naked and doesn't bat an eyelid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back