Do you buy a newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes get the Daily Star for a bit of mid-morning toilet reading.

Sometimes get the Observer on Sunday if it tweaks my interest.

Get Sunday Times from Waitrose but it's free if you spend a tenner. Tenner includes free coffee free paper and free magazine so you only need to spend about three quid.

Not now but have been known to buy the daily star or the financial times in the past.

If I'm going on the train to London I'll usually buy a few rags mainly for the tits. That's the only time I ever buy a """"news"""" paper.

Stopped reading newspapers around 15 year ago, I was sick to death of the garbage they passed off as "news" they only have themselves to blame for the situation they find themselves in now.

Didn't used to but I now buy 3x daily mails every day just to piss the op off because of his obsession with them

Used to buy the Times on a Sarrada for the puzzles page and crosswords. Stopped buying it when the supplement they were in was missing half the time.

Used too, everyday. The 2010 election was the moment I stopped. Too many stories about nothing. Blairites, Brownites and the wankathon over smug **** Cameron clegg the tool.

#buyapaper is trending on Twitter.
They're trying to encourage more people to support a medium which to be fair has been struggling ever since the internet came along.

I think I've picked up The Metro (urgh) when I've been on a train, but if I was to buy any kind of print media, it would be Empire and not much else.

I can't actually remember the last time I willingly bought a newspaper.

Well? Do you buy a paper?
I get a Saturday or Sunday paper for the weekly TV guide - used to get the local Sunday Sun for the local news but the price became silly for a few skimpy pages.
Get the occasional Echo/Chronicle as well.

Guardian gets delivered to kindle app on phone
FT subscription to phone
Buy the times on Saturday and Sunday times

Read the rest online
No correlation proven between quality newspapers and quality posts then - interesting.

I get a Saturday or Sunday paper for the weekly TV guide - used to get the local Sunday Sun for the local news but the price became silly for a few skimpy pages.
Get the occasional Echo/Chronicle as well.

No correlation proven between quality newspapers and quality posts then - interesting.

The MEN is 80p I think.
It's probably about 85% adverts. Absolute waste of paper and ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back