Do you believe time travel is possible?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

if it was, would we not already know ?
A lot of scientists believe it and are working on it as we speak. I think its possible, a few on here don't but we all have our own minds to make up. Some good info been posted so far..

I'm not sure we do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quantum foam didn't exist before spacetime, as far as my understanding of it goes.

OK.
{quote]For structure to have been present after one Planck unit of time, there must have been feedback between the laws of physics and their effect that guaranteed structure.

To my understanding we only know what happened after the first unit of Planck time when light had travelled one unit of Planck length. From then on classical laws of physics applied and the universe could be observed. Quantum foam exists when extremely microscopic space is considered. There is no space and there is no time. There is no spacetime continuum so why shouldn't quantum foam exist before spacetime first manifested after one Planck unit of time? Spacetime has a direction and that could only be observed after that one unit of Planck time. It's not logical to say spacetime don't apply to quantum foam but quantum foam couldn't have existed before the spacetime continuum.

For the laws of physics to have produced structure there must have been teleological feedback of the effect. Cause and effect must have manifested together before a single unit of Planck time had elapsed. Otherwise the universe would have collapsed and never reached that first moment of Planck time. In other words the informational relationship between cause and effect must have been faster than the speed of light. if something is faster than the speed of light it is theoretically possible that it is passing in the opposite direction to the spacetime continuum.

It's more of case of logic than physics.

Spacetime didn't emerge from absolute nothing because absolute nothing would have no potentiality. The possibility that quantum foam existed at the moment of the Big Bang is one of the accepted theories. However, that quantum foam must have had undefined infinite potentialities. One of those potentialities became reality/universe and the rest collapsed as possibilities. Is that not the same as wave function collapse.

Last edited:
To my understanding we only know what happened after the first unit of Planck time when light had travelled one unit of Planck length. From then on classical laws of physics applied and the universe could be observed. Quantum foam exists when extremely microscopic space is considered. There is no space and there is no time. There is no spacetime continuum so why shouldn't quantum foam exist before spacetime first manifested after one Planck unit of time? Spacetime has a direction and that could only be observed after that one unit of Planck time. It's not logical to say spacetime don't apply to quantum foam but quantum foam couldn't have existed before the spacetime continuum.

For the laws of physics to have produced structure there must have been teleological feedback of the effect. Cause and effect must have manifested together before a single unit of Planck time had elapsed. Otherwise the universe would have collapsed and never reached that first moment of Planck time. In other words the informational relationship between cause and effect must have been faster than the speed of light. if something is faster than the speed of light it is theoretically possible that it is passing in the opposite direction to the spacetime continuum.

It's more of case of logic than physics.

I want to reply but I've had too much wine. I hope I remember tomorrow.

Heh, Remember Tomorrow...

I don't think so they are very small. What sense would you get out of the rodent anyway? It wouldn't no the difference if it was the past/present or future.
Are we talking like the size of a millimetre?

Smaller probably. Primordial wormholes are predicted to exist on microscopic levels. However, as the universe expands, it is possible that some may have been stretched to larger sizes.

Excellent thanks.

Smaller probably. Primordial wormholes are predicted to exist on microscopic levels. However, as the universe expands, it is possible that some may have been stretched to larger sizes.

Hmm? "Primordial wormholes are predicted to exist on microscopic levels, about 10–33 centimeters. However, as the universe expands, it is possible that some may have been stretched to larger sizes."

Primordial wormholes - Google-Suche

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back