Do I have a Tom Cruise obsession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

And even then Oblivion was a massive commercial success and didn't actually lose at all! Only 286 million dollars earned on a 120 million dollar budget - so actually more successful than your successful example :lol: ;)

When you factor in all production costs, marketing and finance etc, Oblivion won't have broken even on its box office. But it will have turned a profit after DVD, TV, on demand etc

When you factor in all production costs, marketing and finance etc, Oblivion won't have broken even on its box office. But it will have turned a profit after DVD, TV, on demand etc

Probably one of the best blu rays to show off a big HD TV screen and de ent surround sound system.

I don't like him, and I don't think he's a particularly good actor, but the following are easily 7+/10 each.

Jerry Maguire
Vanilla Sky
Minority Report
Collateral
Edge of Tomorrow

And he's made loads more that are passable.
Not many actors turn out so many decent-ish films. Not many turkeys at all.

My test discs are Blade Runner, Mad Max Fury Road, Barry Lyndon and Lawrence of Arabia. If I was going to pick a Tom Cruise film I'd pick MI 4 or 5

You can pick up the Box Set 1-5 on blu ray for between £15 and £20.

If you get Vanilla Sky on blu ray import, there's an alternative ending that makes little difference but the colour palette jumps from the screen and the soundtrack is lush, anarl.

Edge of Tomorrow is worthy buying for Emily Blunt (and her vest) alone!

Just counted up, I have 18 of his films on DVD or blu ray, he's only released 41!

Should there be a borderline betwixt being a fan and being a bit weird?
He makes good entertaining films so nothing weird. I don't go to the flicks anymore stopped going around 15 years ago so I've got about 25 of his films on DVD and I've seen the rest apart from his first two. I'd say he's my current favourite actor being as Clint Eastwood no longer acts.

I was once round me mate's not long after he'd moved out of his ma's, and casually looking through all his DVD's that were in three separate stands dotted around the living room and I noticed the weird fucker had every Drew Barrymore film ya could think of and more besides that on top. What sorta lad owns Never Been Kissed and How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days FFS? :lol:

After suitably taking the piss and telling all the lads about it, he had tidied them all away by the time I next popped round. :lol:
Won't hear a word against Ms Barrymore, fancied her since my Mum took me to see ET when I was 7

He's alreet is Tom like..
My missus (behave) snuck that into the wedding playlist - think I got a bigger shock than her old man when her and her sister did the drop :lol:

Last edited:
Won't hear a word against Ms Barrymore, fancied her since my Mum took me to see ET when I was 7

My missus (behave) snuck that into the wedding playlist - think I got a bigger shock than her old man when her and her sister did the drop :lol:

She's never been the same woman since that pool party incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back