Do footballers feel bàd

I reckon if I was playing in a game and we were playing really well or a few goals ahead and people started f***ing off I'd be wondering why. Similarly, if the game is on a knife edge and you want the atmosphere going getting the players over the line I'd be wondering why everyone's leaving. There's no way it can be good for morale and all that.

Of course not, they couldn't give a monkies. They are only here for a wage. You only have to watch subs on the bench, they're not even watching the game.

Of course not, they couldn't give a monkies. They are only here for a wage. You only have to watch subs on the bench, they're not even watching the game.
I think that's quite a common misconception personally. I reckon a fair few footballers do care about that stuff.

I think that's quite a common misconception personally. I reckon a fair few footballers do care about that stuff.
I think ones who have a real link to the club, be it from childhood or length of stay will care and be effected like fans are at a loss/relegation but (and it'll increase the higher the league) most will just want a win for their own benefit.

If players really deeply cared like fans they'd stay after relegation and take a huge pay cut as that is what their performance has deserved. I dont blame players for jumping ship though, if you've only been at a club for 18 months why would you really care, it's just a job.

Must be soul destroying watching people stream out, especially when you know it's probably your performance that's done it. I'd imagine it's like loads of people walking out of gig or a comedians show

Back