Disney have ruined STAR WARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never seen a Star Wars fillum.

The trailers were enough to put me off and have continued to do so for 40 years.

Also never seen BladeRunner or Matrix -

Just saying !!

Favourite sci-fi

Alien (1979)
The Thing (1982))

Arrival is utterly stupid. Here, learn this language and you'll be able to see into the future.
If you want utterly stupid I can write you a lengthy list of the unintentionally hilarious nonsense contained within Prometheus. :lol:

I thought the last one was a load of bollocks as well but my opinion wasn't shared by my peers.
It’s shared by me!

I always thought Lucas had a master plan back in the seventies for a story stretching across nine fillums. After six he sold off the franchise and I suppose the new people binned off whatever story outline he had for the last three and just decided to remake a New Hope.

OK on the one hand it had been nearly forty years since the original (there was only eight years between Rio Bravo and El Dorado!) but the strength of ownership people feel to a franchise like this make it a bit of a rip off that they just remade A New Hope unashamedly with a football in place of R2D2 and Luke becoming Obi Wan instead of advancing the existing story.

It’s shared by me!

I always thought Lucas had a master plan back in the seventies for a story stretching across nine fillums. After six he sold off the franchise and I suppose the new people binned off whatever story outline he had for the last three and just decided to remake a New Hope.

OK on the one hand it had been nearly forty years since the original (there was only eight years between Rio Bravo and El Dorado!) but the strength of ownership people feel to a franchise like this make it a bit of a rip off that they just remade A New Hope unashamedly with a football in place of R2D2 and Luke becoming Obi Wan instead of advancing the existing story.
They played it safe, that's all. Can't really blame them.

They played it safe, that's all. Can't really blame them.
Nah. Dedication of the army of multi-generational fans plus curiosity of others means it was destined to make a pile of money no matter what they did. A bit of thought and they could have made it brilliant, not safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back