Discloks

MonkeyLove

Striker
Are these good/effective enough to justify the money?

We’ve got one on one of our cars and tempted to get one for the other but they are a good 160 quid with cover.

According to reviews they are not indestructible but take even an expert a good while to get off with power tools.

Worth it? Anyone from the motor trade particularly?

I've got one and it might make them move on to something easier and/or deter the average thief or just simply slow them down. However I've seen videos of thieves driving with them still on, seen them being cut off, and as mine spins around you can probably spin it around and have easy access to drill the lock if you open the door. Better than nowt like

We’ve got one on one of our cars and tempted to get one for the other but they are a good 160 quid with cover.

According to reviews they are not indestructible but take even an expert a good while to get off with power tools.

considered one of the better options, did quite a bit of reading up on various physical devices like this and stoploks etc for the campervan, the general view is as you say, beatable but takes longer and it's not a case of making your car unstealable, it's making it harder to steal than the one without it.

All day long.

They've been around for 25 years for a reason, they are a massive deterrent. The new disclok gold edition is supposed to be more resistant to an angle grinder.

Look, they aren't impregnable, but a massive deterrent. If they want your car they will take it, but the more obstacles in their way the less chances your pride and joy will vanish.

I've used a disclok since day dot. I now have one alongside a pedal lock on my current motor, and an obd move for safe measure.

The more obstacles, the better.

What car are you protecting?
Cannot recommend this company enough judging their product which i have on my ST.

Last edited:
Sadly keyless tech is going noware. Much to the joy of the thieves.
Mental that the manufacturers haven't found a solution and are always one step behind the thieves and it's all just to pander to people's laziness.
Yeah burnt out cars were all over at one point, then cars came with immobilisers and then you couldn't nick them without the keys. Then some bright sparks decided to do away with keys and have stuff keyless or wireless controlled. Muppets
Seems joyriding is rare these days but cars being stolen to either sell on the abroad or use to commit other crimes is a massive issue again.

Last edited:
Yeah burnt out cars were all over at one point, then cars came with immobilisers and then you couldn't nick them without the keys. Then some bright sparks decided to do away with keys and have stuff keyless or wireless controlled. Muppets
Increases the sales of new cars though if they keep getting nicked.

Just ask any economist.

Worth it mate. It will deter thick scum who just can’t help not robbing everything.

However if you have a high end motor and are targeted by a professional thief then I’m afraid your car will go.

I’ve just sold one with three keys for £60 quid. I advertised it with one key as that was all I could find but found the other two so I just let the lad have it.

I found them too much of a pain to take on and off and particularly store.

I used to be good mates with a lad who made a living from nicking high end cars (he ended up being one of Europe’s most wanted men so not advocating crime in any way here). Anyway he said the only thing that ever put him off were wheel clamps because they took too long to get off.

Back