Dirty Leeds Forum

Again that's the point, he could be trying to catch some just occasionally. Kills the attack and the pressure if it's in his hands. Our midfield and attackers giving the ball away cheaply all night didn't help relieve the pressure either.
Balancing act isn't it as he comes to catch, drops one and Leeds knock it in he's the scapegoat....and there were always a lot of players around him when the ball was being put in.

Agree that we haven't had an outball for 2 seasons now as we don't have a striker/focal point who can and is able to hold the ball up to allow the rest of them team to get out and up the field.

Balancing act isn't it as he comes to catch, drops one and Leeds knock it in he's the scapegoat....and there were always a lot of players around him when the ball was being put in.

Agree that we haven't had an outball for 2 seasons now as we don't have a striker/focal point who can and is able to hold the ball up to allow the rest of them team to get out and up the field.

Every single player in our box seems to have been a thing forever now, I don't get it. Stick someone quick on the half way line and they will need to keep two back.

Every single player in our box seems to have been a thing forever now, I don't get it. Stick someone quick on the half way line and they will need to keep two back.
We have absolutely no threat for getting behind opposition defences from up front, wide or central midfield.
The opposition know this and can set themselves up accordingly.
It really is shocking that this situation has been allowed to drag on so long and that can only be put at the feet of Speakman.

We have absolutely no threat for getting behind opposition defences from up front, wide or central midfield.
The opposition know this and can set themselves up accordingly.
It really is shocking that this situation has been allowed to drag on so long and that can only be put at the feet of Speakman.
He seems to think it's fine/acceptable. Once Clarke goes we've got nothing. A new coach might make a difference but only so much with the personnel available.

A cliche I abhor using is “at the end of the day” so I will just say what football comes down to is you have to make the most of the hand you are given. We are playing in a league at a level way above our capabilities.We do not have the ability or the talent to be a credible attacking threat. If we came out and tried to score and fashion attacking moves by either going down the middle or the channels we are going to get hammered every week 10-0. So the thing we have to do is encamp ourselves in defence. Park the bus. If we cannot score and break teams down then we must stop others from doing the same. If Leeds could not do that then they only have themselves to blame.
What the fuck are you on about now? You just described pretty much how we were playing under TM and now we don't have the ability or talent? What we lack is decent ownership and management.

Tin hat on here, but I like Leeds. Wish our home games had as many home fans singing as they did last night, good atmosphere.
I agree. They had a very orchestrated song that was sung in most areas of the ground. The compact nature of a truly awful stadium helped that. The SOL hasn't got that hemmed in feeling so some areas struggle to join in. Rotherham is more modern but has the same sort of compactness and can generate a good atmosphere. We were usually pretty good at smothering their noise though.

If you watch the warm-up he's practising punching the ball for several minutes. It was clearly a plan.
For the first time in a while I was fairly calm when Leeds resorted to crosses into our box.

They were more dangerous when they ran at us or passed it around in front of our defence imho.

Wait until they hear that the owners broke the rules and embargo's and deductions enter the frame. They are that much in debt I suspect that in two years they will be back in league one.

Wonder if they kick off about a few dodgy decisions then? Gobshites.

Back