Dirty Leeds Forum

There was one fella at the front of the stand behind the goal that was having a reet shit fit at us at the end last night.
I was concerned for his health and sanity at one point.

I posted (yesterday I think🤔) some comments that (in my opinion) of the two sides promoted from Div 2 in 1963-64, Sunderland were the better footballing side, and how mystified I was that this very good side never reached the success of Leeds. Could it be, that the instability caused by Alan Brown's departure affected that side? It didn't seem to bother them too much when you played my mob in the November 🥴🥴🥴
I was stood in the middle of the Fulwell, as four sailed past our goalie 😱
Could it have been a lack of "mongrel" in the side? I know Jimmy McNab could look after himself.... and his opponent if needed? but otherwise, I'm hard pressed to think of a player in that Sunderland side who could be put in the class of Bremner, Hunter, Bell, Giles, or Charlton when it comes to the "dark arts" of football

I posted (yesterday I think🤔) some comments that (in my opinion) of the two sides promoted from Div 2 in 1963-64, Sunderland were the better footballing side, and how mystified I was that this very good side never reached the success of Leeds. Could it be, that the instability caused by Alan Brown's departure affected that side? It didn't seem to bother them too much when you played my mob in the November 🥴🥴🥴
I was stood in the middle of the Fulwell, as four sailed past our goalie 😱
Could it have been a lack of "mongrel" in the side? I know Jimmy McNab could look after himself.... and his opponent if needed? but otherwise, I'm hard pressed to think of a player in that Sunderland side who could be put in the class of Bremner, Hunter, Bell, Giles, or Charlton when it comes to the "dark arts" of football

Saved you on your 2.5 goals bet tip didn’t I

Good to see the ref hates Leeds as well; and in all fairness there is no way he could have seen 09's handball.
Leeds were going mad about 3 mins of extra time, erm why? There were no more stoppages in the 2nd half than the first, yet 3 mins are added on?
Farke really doesn't have much to complain about, apart from having a head like a buffalo.

Patterson took an age every time he had the ball. Imagine that were the other way around?
So how does this work out over the course of a season? Who keeps a record of rotten decisions? What counts? There are so many flaws in the 'evening out' theory that it's laughable.

It's just one of those phrases that gets used without any sort of evidence.

People only really remember those that went against them so always feel they haven't had the rub of the green. If we were in Leeds' shoes the other night, there'd be multiple threads with hundreds of replies.

Agree that it's just another cliched phrase. Just like 'the table never lies'. Course it bloody does.

Last edited:

Back