Director of Football or Manager

Name players he has brought in worth multi millions ? Not those who came through academy before he came
He is Director of football . He is responsible for the academy so you have to give credit to him for those coming through from there . He also managed to keep Rigg when he could left for bigger clubs than us .
Clarke , Ekwha and Ballard are worth more than this club cost to actually buy . Bellingham could eclipse the lot of them . Hume , Cirkin , Huggins ( when fit) Alese, Ba etc are all worth may more than we paid for them .

He is Director of football . He is responsible for the academy so you have to give credit to him for those coming through from there . He also managed to keep Rigg when he could left for bigger clubs than us .
Clarke , Ekwha and Ballard are worth more than this club cost to actually buy . Bellingham could eclipse the lot of them . Hume , Cirkin , Huggins ( when fit) Alese, Ba etc are all worth may more than we paid for them .
Excellent point about the Academy which goes under the radar. The Academy is light years ahead of where it was when he took over
We're how many points of the playoffs?

It's not about one game.
This season was always going to be tougher with the 3 Premier league teams coming down. To be 7th and still with an excellent chance of making the play offs us no mean feet

Last edited:
I was at the match on Saturday watching our young talented lads beating those experienced pros of Stoke.

I was thinking our recruitment team had done a great job signing these lads when the alternative could have been Alex Neil signing the likes of the dross on show for Stoke.

What's your thoughts? What would you rather?
Can you pass your dealers name on mate...I'm out of gear.

Not paying fees for over 25s is too restrictive and the club should be more flexible on that.
yes having a policy of no fees at all for over 25s is wrong..
my point was...age is always a relevant consideration for all clubs-all successful ones anyway...
At the time we needed 'someone' and Dack was free so hardly think that's earth shattering stuff.
He certainly doesn't seem to have been consulted on the strikers we brought in last summer.
i think mowbray was consulted on all of them..but probably he traded-they gave him dack in exchange for they got their strikers..

At the time we needed 'someone' and Dack was free so hardly think that's earth shattering stuff.
He certainly doesn't seem to have been consulted on the strikers we brought in last summer.
Yes but why break “the model” for Dack?

Maybe just as well he wasn’t consulted or we might have got Danny Graham part 3 😂

Can i just say congratulations to our fantastic DOF for signing the 1,327th winger / attacking midfielder of his illustrious reign at SAFC.

EXACTLY what the squad and first team need, a 20 year old with 7 league appearances in mens football. Bravo Sir, Bravo

Problem with the DoF / Head Coach model is that, when results are not good enough and the wheels are falling off, the Head Coach is generally the one who gets the boot.

... but if the root of the problem is gaps in the squad, leaving the Head Coach with no-one to play in key positions, it's primarily the fault of the DoF, not the Head Coach

Is the squad balanced? have any of the summer signings apart from Jobe made an impact - You could argue Seelt has.

We are allowed to question when we are clearly short in CDM and up front
Agree mate.
There's negatives but also lots of positives.
We're short of quality upfront. Not short of players - they brought in 4 in the summer. Scouted by our recruitment team.
In your eyes is that KS fault or Stuart Harvey and the scouts fault?

Agree mate.
There's negatives but also lots of positives.
We're short of quality upfront. Not short of players - they brought in 4 in the summer. Scouted by our recruitment team.
In your eyes is that KS fault or Stuart Harvey and the scouts fault?
The Recruitment Team are at fault, it is not just one person. Hence why Harvey deserves as much praise and questioning as Speakman,

The Recruitment Team are at fault, it is not just one person. Hence why Harvey deserves as much praise and questioning as Speakman,
We differ there then.
To me the buck stops with KS. He can recruit new scouts if he doesn't think they're good enough. He decides if we should go ahead with the transfers of the players that the recruitment team have scouted.

We differ there then.
To me the buck stops with KS. He can recruit new scouts if he doesn't think they're good enough. He decides if we should go ahead with the transfers of the players that the recruitment team have scouted.
Fair enough, i just find it funny that Harvey never ever gets mentioned

Same answer applies. What's saying our strikers go on a run and score goals until the end of the season. Like I said we are signing players 1 or 2 windows in advance. I made a point about Stewart when he signed it was the next season when we seen the best of him. Have the same patience with our 4 lads here now. Wyke took 2 years before he had his goal scoring season. Patience is needed
Bizarre 😂, you do realise if we were to sign Moore, and get a CDM who’s played before and not against the local junior school, one that’s actually played in the championship or higher, who like Moore is ready to go, we may actually be a better side. And May just may get promoted. In May.

Excellent point about the Academy which goes under the radar. The Academy is light years ahead of where it was when he took over
Youth development is his forte. It's where he's been involved for most of his career.
I suppose it's why he likes MB whose been focused on getting the best out of academy kids for most of his career. It's probably where he is best suited rather than managing a team. The focus of his career has all been academy development.
It's something which seems to have gone unnoticed by a lot of our support who slate KS

Bizarre 😂, you do realise if we were to sign Moore, and get a CDM who’s played before and not against the local junior school, one that’s actually played in the championship or higher, who like Moore is ready to go, we may actually be a better side. And May just may get promoted. In May.
I get thar mate. They are very hard deals to make though. I would love Moore here do that would be very unlikely

I get thar mate. They are very hard deals to make though. I would love Moore here do that would be very unlikely
I don’t see why not he’s hardly getting much of a kick at his current club, Get an experienced CDM to fix the hole 🕳️ that’s been in place since Evans got injured, and with a bit of luck, it will be sweet like chocolate.

I don’t see why not he’s hardly getting much of a kick at his current club, Get an experienced CDM to fix the hole 🕳️ that’s been in place since Evans got injured, and with a bit of luck, it will be sweet like chocolate.
It's not football manager. You can't just pluck any player you want just because you can. The lad might not want to move simple as that. He also will be on Prem wages. We aren't paying that. He might not want to move to the NE. Loads of factors. Criticism like we should sign him, easy, is very poor.

Back