Diet/Exercise ignorance based things that make you want to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

People saying....'I don't lift weights coz I don't want to get massive'

The best Arnold one liner ever isn't even from a film of his.

When people used to say to him "I don't want to look like you" his reply was "Don't worry you never will"

A truly unbelievable post from Harry Angstrom on the SMB: apparently PED using athletes "Don't train properly."

:lol:

"But I can drink Diet Coke because it has zero calories"

I used to try and educate them about what carbonated soda really is and about empty calories but would usually resort to punching myself in the face after two minutes.

Slimmer's world and Facebook. There's a lass on mine who is otherwise really canny who does this. They eat unlimited amounts of 'free' foods apparently, like pasta, post their first week 'weight' loss, have the coven saying 'eeh pet that's fantastic', repeat for a few weeks, disappear for a year, reappear heavier than the last time, repeat.

The best Arnold one liner ever isn't even from a film of his.

When people used to say to him "I don't want to look like you" his reply was "Don't worry you never will"

"But I can drink Diet Coke because it has zero calories"

I used to try and educate them about what carbonated soda really is and about empty calories but would usually resort to punching myself in the face after two minutes.

I get empty calories but what's up with diet coke?

Yea, I was thinking the same. I'm familiar with the cancer issues linked to artificial sweetener, particularly aspartame, but other than that I'm not sure what he's getting at. Be interested to know.

Unless there's been a ground-breaking piece of research published very recently that I haven't seen, there are no cancer issues with artificial sweetner.

I was just using that brand as an example, I meant all pop really.

What's the issue, though?

Yea, I was thinking the same. I'm familiar with the cancer issues linked to artificial sweetener, particularly aspartame, but other than that I'm not sure what he's getting at. Be interested to know.

When you carbonate water you create carbonic acid which isn't great for your teeth. It's about as acidic as orange juice.

I presume that's what his point is like.

Maybe he got confused with sucralose?

Having looked at the ingredients in Impact Whey that's evidently what's in it.

Still, @dangermows shouldn't be concerned:

"In determining the safety of sucralose, the FDA reviewed data from more than 110 studies in humans and animals. Many of the studies were designed to identify possible toxic effects, including carcinogenic, reproductive, and neurological effects. No such effects were found, and FDA's approval is based on the finding that sucralose is safe for human consumption." For example, McNeil Nutritional LLC studies submitted as part of its U.S. FDA Food Additive Petition 7A3987 indicated that "in the 2-year rodent bioassays ... there was no evidence of carcinogenic activity for either sucralose or its hydrolysis products ..."[24]

When you carbonate water you create carbonic acid which isn't great for your teeth. It's about as acidic as orange juice.

I presume that's what his point is like.

Didn't know that, cheers. I don't drink much fizzy pop, the occasional Coke Zero, but I do tend to favour sparkling water over still water. Bugger...

Didn't know that, cheers. I don't drink much fizzy pop, the occasional Coke Zero, but I do tend to favour sparkling water over still water. Bugger...

Just stick to water and if you're going to have an acidic, sugary drink at least make it worthwhile like fruit juice (Waitrose do an apple and rhubarb drink which is absolute nectar I've just discovered).

I'm very much one for an IIFYM diet and am a 'no such thing as clean foods' Nazi but I still don't do fizzy drinks. Even diet ones.

Except beer like :lol: Obviously you can avoid excessive carbonation in beers by having CAMRA approved ales, which only have natural carbonation from the yeast and nothing added after fermentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back