Diamond retro Rowell strip

If you look at the pictures on this site closely, Stan Cummins Umbro trim down the sleeves is the opposite whites/red combo than the kit itself. Mine was like the kit, but check out Cummins is different!!!??

Last full kit I had. That and the previous season's home kit with the button neck - meant I had the current kit because it didn't change every season then. Earlier than 80/81 season I'm sure
The 80/81 kit was "silky" i.e. it had a shine to it. The 77/78 to 79/80 wasn't. It is period correct. Nice to see it actually has the umbro diamond branding. Am tempted by that.

If you look at the pictures on this site closely, Stan Cummins Umbro trim down the sleeves is the opposite whites/red combo than the kit itself. Mine was like the kit, but check out Cummins is different!!!??
Hadn't spotted that but you're quite right. Looks like the original was red umbro diamonds on white and not the white on red that the repro is.
Bit of a faux pas that.

Hadn't spotted that but you're quite right. Looks like the original was red umbro diamonds on white and not the white on red that the repro is.
Bit of a faux pas that.

No, it was deffo white on red. Mine was, as is Allardyces and Richies. Cummins is a mystery

Hopefully the link works but the blue Rowell strip is back on sale and seems to have been popular on here.
Diamonds on sleeve were always inverted on the fans shirt!
Hopefully the link works but the blue Rowell strip is back on sale and seems to have been popular on here.
Diamond?.... it's Umbro
Or is that copyright reasons?
i think it’s because the shirts are Diamond or Gems

i think it’s because the shirts are Diamond or Gems
Centre of the badge is a bit off but a lovely shirt

Last edited:

Back