Deserved the draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good for him, obviously. But there are very, very few other owners who do that. It's not illegal, but it's not something that's all that common.

Hi GOM I know you are up on these things so can you tell me

Does it help us as a club other than making sure SG doesn't have to pay the money .
Why don't other owners do it ?

Hi GOM I know you are up on these things so can you tell me

Does it help us as a club other than making sure SG doesn't have to pay the money .
Why don't other owners do it ?

It could help you in that it leaves more money in Gibson's control by reducing the CT bill. With other clubs its frequently the case that their main business interests have other shareholders who might not want to see the main company owning a football club. Other chairmen prefer to own shares in their clubs directly. A third group, which includes Ellis Short and Steve Lansdown, own their clubs via companies outside the UK, which breaks the chain for group relief claims. Gibson's not unique, but he is in a minority.

Indeed and Robert Maxwell the bastard who stole peoples pension money to bring the milk cup to Oxford. People lost their saving.
I wonder what really did happen when he fell off his boat and drowned?

The tinfoil version is that he was bumped off by MI5. The most common theory is that he committed suicide, rather than face the music.

It could help you in that it leaves more money in Gibson's control by reducing the CT bill. With other clubs its frequently the case that their main business interests have other shareholders who might not want to see the main company owning a football club. Other chairmen prefer to own shares in their clubs directly. A third group, which includes Ellis Short and Steve Lansdown, own their clubs via companies outside the UK, which breaks the chain for group relief claims. Gibson's not unique, but he is in a minority.

The tinfoil version is that he was bumped off by MI5. The most common theory is that he committed suicide, rather than face the music.

Worked at the time in Oxford.
Many people who worked for his printing businesses lost their entire pensions.
An utter bastard of the highest order and from his actions pensions are better protected today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back