Deptford Bank…

Aaaaah. It’s listed alongside three pubs and not with the other food vendors which led me to believe it was a pub itself. Which considering the geography of the three pubs listed also led me to believe The Museum Vaults had changed its name! Phew.
It's in the old TJ Doyles/San Marino building now

Aye, Atlantic and Black Sheep. Not what I was expecting from the new ownership at all.
Yes. They had a vocation on that was a mix of lager and ipa I think. Had a pint of that then went onto Guinness which I do when nowt decent on in a pub. Pubs that say they are real ale and have stuff like Landlord Black sheep and Atlantic on really aren’t trying. I’ll give it another go as it’s a really good pub but needs better beer on.

Aye, Atlantic and Black Sheep. Not what I was expecting from the new ownership at all.
There’s no point simply replicating The Ship Isis in 2 more locations is there? If you want White Rat gan to TSI, if you want Black Sheep gan to TKA, the Salty will find it’s own way in due course. All 3 were busy yesterday.

There’s no point simply replicating The Ship Isis in 2 more locations is there? If you want White Rat gan to TSI, if you want Black Sheep gan to TKA, the Salty will find it’s own way in due course. All 3 were busy yesterday.
There's no point being the town's best bar for beer choices and taking over another pub to run it in the most basic way possible either.

Kings Arms nearly always had White Rat on previously. Why take it off for chain pub, big brewery shite? Appreciate it's early doors, but I expected something more interesting from this takeover.

Salty used to be my favourite pub, but I haven't liked what the last 2 or 3 owners have done with it. Hopefully it will return to form under new management.
12:30 kick off as well.
Not another one. This season has been murder for early kickoffs.

There's no point being the town's best bar for beer choices and taking over another pub to run it in the most basic way possible either.

Kings Arms nearly always had White Rat on previously. Why take it off for chain pub, big brewery shite? Appreciate it's early doors, but I expected something more interesting from this takeover.

Salty used to be my favourite pub, but I haven't liked what the last 2 or 3 owners have done with it. Hopefully it will return to form under new management.

Not another one. This season has been murder for early kickoffs.

problem was that the last lad didn't care for real ale or know how to keep it. he had white rat on usually but it was completely hitty missy whether it was in decent condition. was cloudy as hell and going off half the time. thats the nature of having a real ale bar that barely sells enough beer before the barrel goes off

i completely agree with you regarding the new selections, but i've never been a massive fan of the real ale choice in the Isis either. big difference is is that the new lads know how to keep real ale, how to serve it, how it should taste etc.. and know when to take it off when its on the turn. but they sell enough of it to do that. i just don't think the selection has ever been great (for me).. too many boring amber ales and weird and wonderful beers.

however, the Jarl that is on in the kings at the moment is as good as any real ale you could hope to get. i like white rat, dizzy blonde, durham magus.. those types of session beers, great tasting, light, clear, easy to drink. hopefully the people running the kings will realise if they are focused on real ale, not craft ale, then the beers like white rat and jarl will attract people in. and landlord and theakstons bitter will turn some people off

I'll do a better version of this once the painting is complete and the scaffolding down (and I've sorted out my white balance :lol:).
Bit of an idea as to the outside space as well. The last leg between Kings Arms and Isis feels like a hike but it's not far and they are putting a bus on for the fatties.

Back