Depression

Maravilla

Striker
Know this is a pretty frequently discussed topic on here and a lot of good advice is given so here goes.

Been suffering from depression for years and I'm currently going through one of those stages where I'm just constantly feeling shit no matter what I do and am really struggling to get up in the morning to go to work and can barely go an hour without having a suicidal thought, took an overdose of pills last year but that didn't work and in all honesty I feel like I did around that time, but don't really have the bottle to try owt like that again. Know fine well that I don't help myself in some aspects but just want to get to the point where I can live a relatively normal life.

I'm not especially close to my family and whilst I do love them I can't really bring myself to confide in them, been fucked about and fobbed off at every opportunity by the doctors whenever I go to see them about it, I do know that I can always tell my best friend but I don't want to bother them again with this shit, especially after a little drunken heart-to-heart we had last night, so just thought I'd give this a go.

Know this is a pretty frequently discussed topic on here and a lot of good advice is given so here goes.

Been suffering from depression for years and I'm currently going through one of those stages where I'm just constantly feeling shit no matter what I do and am really struggling to get up in the morning to go to work and can barely go an hour without having a suicidal thought, took an overdose of pills last year but that didn't work and in all honesty I feel like I did around that time, but don't really have the bottle to try owt like that again. Know fine well that I don't help myself in some aspects but just want to get to the point where I can live a relatively normal life.

I'm not especially close to my family and whilst I do love them I can't really bring myself to confide in them, been fucked about and fobbed off at every opportunity by the doctors whenever I go to see them about it, I do know that I can always tell my best friend but I don't want to bother them again with this shit, especially after a little drunken heart-to-heart we had last night, so just thought I'd give this a go.
Do not go on the Blue Moon forum.

Go and see your GP mate, I booked an appointment to go next week. Feel like things are getting on top of me but don't want our lass to worry so I am going to see my gp this week.Talk to your mate aswell he won't mind at all if he is a good mate.

Stop following SAFC - if you feel like this when we beat Man City, you had better stop now.

go back to the docs and try another type

and lay off the booze

Will have a few drinks on a matchday and a couple of pints on a Friday after work, but apart from that very rarely go out on the lash these days because I've been known to go berserk, be a total prick and ruin the night for everyone.

Go and see your GP mate, I booked an appointment to go next week. Feel like things are getting on top of me but don't want our lass to worry so I am going to see my gp this week.Talk to your mate aswell he won't mind at all if he is a good mate.

Will have a look to see what appointments are available tomorrow and see what day I can get off work for it.

Will have a few drinks on a matchday and a couple of pints on a Friday after work, but apart from that very rarely go out on the lash these days because I've been known to go berserk, be a total prick and ruin the night for everyone.

Will have a look to see what appointments are available tomorrow and see what day I can get off work for it.

My advice won't be great mate because I am struggling myself so am a bit of a hypocrite but try to talk about it with people who will sympathise.

I have had 2 mental breakdowns. one in the early 90's and the second in 2009.

you will know the cause of your stress/depression and you need to remove it. my first was a marital breakdown, coupled with studying part time for a law degree, alongside working 3 shifts (7 on 2 off), bringing up 2 young kids. I graduated, filed for divorce, and my kids chose to stay with me. work put me on office hours. I was lucky.

second episode was work related. fortunately I was able to remove work. I retired and have never been better.

I am not suggesting you can do what I did, because I don't know your circumstances, they are personal.

what I am saying is, look for the cause and if you can, think of ways to remove it.

by the way, a true best friend will help. mine did twice.

Back