Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone experienced their sex drive absolutely vanishing? Did you ever get it back? Is it worth seeing a GP about?

Has anyone experienced their sex drive absolutely vanishing? Did you ever get it back? Is it worth seeing a GP about?
Are you taking any antidepressants? They are known to reduce sex drive.

Otherwise, could be stress/depression.

One thing that really impacts my sex drive is doing exercise, stretching and especially weights.

What an absolute tragedy, I'm sorry to say if I had come across anything like that I would have brayed the shit out of him one way or another.

Thank you.

Lots happened this week. I was put on some tablets three weeks ago for my bladder issue but they had side effects. GP rang for a review on Friday and has changed them. I've only been on the new ones for two days so it's too early to say if they're any better. Trying them for a month to see what happens.

Got an appointment for my colonosopy in April and the pre-op check tomorrow.

Talking Changes has set up weekly CBT sessions starting on Wednesday.

Harbour did an assessment on Friday. I'm being assigned a support worker I can contact if I need help with day to day stuff. They're going to send me details of the next course for domestic violence survivors as she thinks that will help me deal with things better. They're also going to get me some legal help with something.

Had lumpy old pillows and think they were contributing to sleeping badly and waking up with neck pain. Bought myself some new pillows in the Amazon spring deals so hopefully that might help with the poor sleep.

Thank you.

Lots happened this week. I was put on some tablets three weeks ago for my bladder issue but they had side effects. GP rang for a review on Friday and has changed them. I've only been on the new ones for two days so it's too early to say if they're any better. Trying them for a month to see what happens.

Harbour did an assessment on Friday. I'm being assigned a support worker I can contact if I need help with day to day stuff. They're going to send me details of the next course for domestic violence survivors as she thinks that will help me deal with things better. They're also going to get me some legal help with something.

Had lumpy old pillows and think they were contributing to sleeping badly and waking up with neck pain. Bought myself some new pillows in the Amazon spring deals so hopefully that might help with the poor sleep.

You will get there, I know you will. My wife has said for years, the pure bastards of this world never ail a thing and the nice decent people don't (you).
Wishing you the very best, please let us know how things go.

Thank you.

Keep pushing forward, putting things in place you will get there. Sometimes it feels like an uphill struggle but you will get there.
You will get there, I know you will. My wife has said for years, the pure bastards of this world never ail a thing and the nice decent people don't (you).
Wishing you the very best, please let us know how things go.
My sentiments exactly.

Best wishes Becs. Well done on pushing forward to try and make things better for yourself.

Just a tip if you are sleeping on two pillows - I understand that it is more natural and puts less pressure on the neck if you sleep on one. Potentially worth trying if not already.

Best wishes Becs. Well done on pushing forward to try and make things better for yourself.

Just a tip if you are sleeping on two pillows - I understand that it is more natural and puts less pressure on the neck if you sleep on one. Potentially worth trying if not already.
It all depends how you sleep. Front/back or side

I sleep on my side. I had medium support hollowfibre pillows but found one didn't feel like enough but two felt too high! Bought soft feather and down pillows, so they're more squishy and work better for me.

I melted down a couple of weeks ago
I’m finally getting help after 40 years of trying and ultimately failing to help myself

Admitting that there is a problem is difficult but it’s a start
Am so sad you went through that meltdown. It can be scary and devastating but I am so glad you have accessed help.

So often we "soldier on" we know something is not working for us but we think if we just get on with it it'll get better but it doesn't in a lot of cases.

Good luck and get yourself strong and able to cope.

Am so sad you went through that meltdown. It can be scary and devastating but I am so glad you have accessed help.

So often we "soldier on" we know something is not working for us but we think if we just get on with it it'll get better but it doesn't in a lot of cases.

Good luck and get yourself strong and able to cope.
Thank you
It’s definitely a turning point for me so I have to make the most of the opportunity to turn things around

Ironically, depression can work for and against...you can have no interest at all, or the need for sex can become all consumimg.

How are we all feeling?
Well I totally fucked yo going back to work. Panic attacks all Sunday night no sleep at all. So I’m not ready just yet. Beat myself up last two days about it.
Gona try again next Tuesday.
Love Rhubabrb. X
Keep going mate , it's hard but please don't beat yourself up for not making work as just one of them things.
Probably like a football injury if you rush back to early you gonna do more damage .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back