Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good thanks. Lost a ton of weight during lockdown - knocking on for 7 stone - and having had a diagnosis of Aspergers managed to sort my head out too. That’s fed into my workplace as well so things are looking up - at last!
Well done that’s amazing! I have 2 sessions left of my counselling, I’m still on my citalopram. But finally starting to look forward to my life with just me and my boys. I don’t dread getting out of bed anymore.

Started off doing the Joe Wicks PE thing every day and going for walks before breakfast - about 2-3 miles just to get some fresh air when we were only allowed out once a day. Started counting calories and stopped eating crap basically. Didn’t really realise how bad a shape I was in until I took photos of myself before I started. Even though I was knocking on for 23 stone I was still under the misguided impression I was ok. Down to 15st 9 and want to get down to about 14 but I’ve reversed every single diagnosis I had

I feel so much better it’s unreal. Exercise is pretty addictive when you get started.

It’s the little thjngs - I couldn’t walk half a mile before having to sit down because I had a bad back. The other week we climbed Skiddaw.

That's a brilliant achievement. I'm smiling reading this. Well done 😁
Working from home for 18 months now and it’s really affecting my mindset. Get made redundant at the end the year so looking for a completely new job if I can

Best of luck with finding something 🤞

Really good thanks. Lost a ton of weight during lockdown - knocking on for 7 stone - and having had a diagnosis of Aspergers managed to sort my head out too. That’s fed into my workplace as well so things are looking up - at last!
Well done on the weight loss marra, recently lost a similar amount, started 22.7 stone, got down to 15 which was my target, then the tragedy hit ( mentioned earlier in the thread) and I plummeted to about 13.7 in less than a month. You’re supposed to feel better but I’ve never been as goosed in all my life. Seriously fitter, more active and more about me when I was huge. Been diagnosed with a condition that’s probably been 90% responsible for how I feel physically. Broke my ribs a few month ago and was just getting over that when I was hospitalised with pneumonia and blood clot(s) on lungs. Having lots of issues with the mixed connective tissue disease at the moment but lots of tests being done so hopefully they get the meds right soon. Not been able to work ( which is killing me mentally) or go to the gym so weight is creeping back up.. stick at it marra it’s easy to put back on.

My anxiety is through the roof at the minute. Couple of things going on but nothing major. Trivial stuff. Can’t help it though.
Going out tonight with my mates for a drink, should be relaxing, hopefully.

Well done on the weight loss marra, recently lost a similar amount, started 22.7 stone, got down to 15 which was my target, then the tragedy hit ( mentioned earlier in the thread) and I plummeted to about 13.7 in less than a month. You’re supposed to feel better but I’ve never been as goosed in all my life. Seriously fitter, more active and more about me when I was huge. Been diagnosed with a condition that’s probably been 90% responsible for how I feel physically. Broke my ribs a few month ago and was just getting over that when I was hospitalised with pneumonia and blood clot(s) on lungs. Having lots of issues with the mixed connective tissue disease at the moment but lots of tests being done so hopefully they get the meds right soon. Not been able to work ( which is killing me mentally) or go to the gym so weight is creeping back up.. stick at it marra it’s easy to put back on.
Had 6 months off beginning of year with sickness so I know how you feel about affecting you mentally. Sounds like you been through alot. Hope your getting help and support you need. Lots of little walks near the coast helped my well being no ends.

Had 6 months off beginning of year with sickness so I know how you feel about affecting you mentally. Sounds like you been through alot. Hope your getting help and support you need. Lots of little walks near the coast helped my well being no ends.
Live down near the beach, walk the dog loads down that way.. helps a bit. Keeps the dog fit as well.

Lesson learned this week. Been class for ages. Ran out of tablets. Bit of laziness, disoragnisedness, busyness and 'a'll be reet-ness' and 5 days without and went to pot. Been all over the place trying to get work done. Up and down, anxious, horrible. Thank god its' Friday

Started off doing the Joe Wicks PE thing every day and going for walks before breakfast - about 2-3 miles just to get some fresh air when we were only allowed out once a day. Started counting calories and stopped eating crap basically. Didn’t really realise how bad a shape I was in until I took photos of myself before I started. Even though I was knocking on for 23 stone I was still under the misguided impression I was ok. Down to 15st 9 and want to get down to about 14 but I’ve reversed every single diagnosis I had

I feel so much better it’s unreal. Exercise is pretty addictive when you get started.

It’s the little thjngs - I couldn’t walk half a mile before having to sit down because I had a bad back. The other week we climbed Skiddaw.
That's class pal , superb stuff 👍

I've come to relalise that self worth, and the battle to get / retain it, is not worth the effort. If we go by social and criminal data we know that 97% of the worlds population is basically good, kind and empathic. If we start our day with good intention, and that good intention is rejected or scorned, we have over 7 billion good souls behind us that would all agree on our self worth. The 7% of arseholes have no power for they cannot even get on with each other.

Start your new day with good intention, and your massive army will be behnd you to reinforce your every word and action.

Give it a go yeah 👍

Peace & love

Last edited:
Heads been all over the place the past few days. Had some stuff to deal with and it affects me. Not been able to get out for fresh air much. Hope to get out this weekend.

Heads been all over the place the past few days. Had some stuff to deal with and it affects me. Not been able to get out for fresh air much. Hope to get out this weekend.
If my ptsd takes me over, I stop a stranger and tell them I need someone to talk to as I'm frightned by my condition. Not one person has ever thought I'm strange, which is ironic becayse I am. To have a few minutes small talk with someone that doesn't know you, reinforces what I mentioned a few posts ago. You'll have a great weekend 'cos it is my wish...and of course the other 7 billion :D

Thank you, had some really bad days but my family and friends have been bloody mint. My oldest boy has been my rock and the youngest is just a laugh a minute. Never thought I would end up on anti depressants but the best thing I’ve done is talk about my struggles.

Just read back your post time and time again.
Everything in just those few words. You have so much just need to tell those demons time and time again.
Wonderful x

Thank you, had some really bad days but my family and friends have been bloody mint. My oldest boy has been my rock and the youngest is just a laugh a minute. Never thought I would end up on anti depressants but the best thing I’ve done is talk about my struggles.
It’s the best way mate. You’re doing brilliantly.

It’s the best way mate. You’re doing brilliantly.
Thank you ☺️ Xxx
Just read back your post time and time again.
Everything in just those few words. You have so much just need to tell those demons time and time again.
Wonderful x
Just cried reading this ❤️ Bless you thank you xxx It’s been the hardest few months of my life I’ve grieved for someone who is alive, which I never thought I would do but I’ve came out of the other side so strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back