Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm a scientist but alas without a degree as I discovered this particular science, but then again Fraud was also without a degree so I might be worth reading.

Depression is a battle between ourselves and our alter ego, a chemical war caused by clock differences. When we meet someone we instantly gel with, that is all about similar emotional reaction times. eg: You meet a reaaly nice lass, your adrenilin then takes you to a dreamland within your own mind. If certain hormones respond at the same rate you'll have stability. If however they lag behind and arrive a day later, your inner world of absolute delight fghts back as if to say "this is my pleasure party and you've just spoilt it with reality" You then start to find future problems with a relationship that hasn't even got off the ground.

This example I've posed is common, as common as losing love after sex "La Petite Mort"

I'm autistic and have to manufactuer empathy, so can just switch off to order and view everything without sentiment.

Proof? My missus was institution bound when I met her, 15 years of hell with her drove me to discover my science because I had to. I don't have all the answers, but some is better than none.

She's in good shape...I wish you the same 👍
Might surprise you that Dr Sigmund Freud, the neurologist, had a degree in medicine.

Wow! Some achievement that. Well done.
I needed to really. Was essentially slowly killing myself without realising it. Had type 2, a fatty liver, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Then this covid stuff hit and all the news around last March was how it loved fatties so I thought I better do something :lol:

Slight worry is how I’ll manage when we start going back into the office but that’s a problem for later down the line.

I needed to really. Was essentially slowly killing myself without realising it. Had type 2, a fatty liver, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Then this covid stuff hit and all the news around last March was how it loved fatties so I thought I better do something :lol:

Slight worry is how I’ll manage when we start going back into the office but that’s a problem for later down the line.
How did you go about it? Bet you're feeling loads better within yourself?

How did you go about it? Bet you're feeling loads better within yourself?
Started off doing the Joe Wicks PE thing every day and going for walks before breakfast - about 2-3 miles just to get some fresh air when we were only allowed out once a day. Started counting calories and stopped eating crap basically. Didn’t really realise how bad a shape I was in until I took photos of myself before I started. Even though I was knocking on for 23 stone I was still under the misguided impression I was ok. Down to 15st 9 and want to get down to about 14 but I’ve reversed every single diagnosis I had

I feel so much better it’s unreal. Exercise is pretty addictive when you get started.

It’s the little thjngs - I couldn’t walk half a mile before having to sit down because I had a bad back. The other week we climbed Skiddaw.

Started off doing the Joe Wicks PE thing every day and going for walks before breakfast - about 2-3 miles just to get some fresh air when we were only allowed out once a day. Started counting calories and stopped eating crap basically. Didn’t really realise how bad a shape I was in until I took photos of myself before I started. Even though I was knocking on for 23 stone I was still under the misguided impression I was ok. Down to 15st 9 and want to get down to about 14 but I’ve reversed every single diagnosis I had

I feel so much better it’s unreal. Exercise is pretty addictive when you get started.

It’s the little thjngs - I couldn’t walk half a mile before having to sit down because I had a bad back. The other week we climbed Skiddaw.

Congratulations.

The Joe Wicks stuff really has worked wonders for loads of people.

Couldn’t agree more. We don’t do it anymore as we tend to do weights in the gym 3-4 nights a week just to get out the house but those first few months it was a godsend. We still use the recipes from his books like.

Haven't used the books but lost almost 2 stone doing the classes and felt so much fitter. Haven't kept up with it having moved into a new flat so up about a stone again - I'm not particularly overweight but it really helped me mentally last year.

Need to get my arse into gear again. Head has been all over the place this last year.

Bloody great news mate - 👍

Haven't used the books but lost almost 2 stone doing the classes and felt so much fitter. Haven't kept up with it having moved into a new flat so up about a stone again - I'm not particularly overweight but it really helped me mentally last year.

Need to get my arse into gear again. Head has been all over the place this last year.
Sorry to hear that mate.

Really good thanks. Lost a ton of weight during lockdown - knocking on for 7 stone - and having had a diagnosis of Aspergers managed to sort my head out too. That’s fed into my workplace as well so things are looking up - at last!
Wow, that made me smile :D The missus also Aspergers just told me she' thinks she can cut down her Limotrogene dose, so quite a morning.

Last edited:

Truly remarkable and inspirational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back