Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
you and me both on the overthinking front, but this week has been amazing.
Happiness comes from within and no external fix will solve it.

If anyone is interested all you need to do is :

1. Find somewhere relatively quiet (don't worry if there is noise outside etc, hear them but don't react)
2. Grab a chair and sit with your back straight
3. Set your phone timer for as long as you want (20 minutes is good to start)
4. close your eyes and focus on your thoughts, the buddhists call the mind a energetic monkey so don't worry if you can't clear you mind as long as you see it through..

enjoy

People might laugh but packing in wanking has also worked wonders.
Pull the other one!!

Don't get me wrong mind... I've no intention of becoming Buddhist ;) :lol:

I've already downloaded a couple of tracks. I'm out of the country next week so I may give it a go in the hotel room (or go for a pint)
:oops:
went to the temple in cheltenham with the youngest when she was struggling. Great people and although I was there only as moral support I found the experience fascinating and not without significance

I actually liked Prozac, but it did turn me into a cleaning freak lol. I'm debating asking the docs for it again, it was probably one of the only tablets that didn't leave me feeling like a zombie.
Definitely get back to the docs and have a chat, you do what you need to to feel better xx
When on the higher doses it did turn me into a bit of a zombie, no emotions whatsoever either joy or sadness. That was one of the reasons I came off them, ive learned by it and next time wont up them.

Long time no post. Which somewhat selfishly means things have been ok I guess.

Twins are 4 months now. Its been a hard time frankly. No chance to rest or do many enjoyable things. But that was always going to be the case, and that's not depression, its just a short-term thing that'll get better.

I've caught myself working too hard again on projects, mainly DIY. Found myself getting the same anxious feeling as before in the last couple of days - so thankfully now that its in a place where I can stop for a bit, I can let myself recover.

I'm really hoping to pack all projects in until the new year now - have a proper rest. I really need it.

Then I'm hoping to come off the Prozac.

Long time no post. Which somewhat selfishly means things have been ok I guess.

Twins are 4 months now. Its been a hard time frankly. No chance to rest or do many enjoyable things. But that was always going to be the case, and that's not depression, its just a short-term thing that'll get better.

I've caught myself working too hard again on projects, mainly DIY. Found myself getting the same anxious feeling as before in the last couple of days - so thankfully now that its in a place where I can stop for a bit, I can let myself recover.

I'm really hoping to pack all projects in until the new year now - have a proper rest. I really need it.

Then I'm hoping to come off the Prozac.
Best of luck to you, and take it easy.
No good, will come of heaping pressure and unnecessary stress, upon yourself.

What im sick of is anti depressants meant to be making me feel better all i get is the side effects
if you've given the new one a fair try (at least 6-8 weeks) and you're still bad with the side effects then it's GP time - time for a try at another one...
Antidepressants aren't a "one size fits all" and it's worth trying till you get one that works for you...
(I tried looking up cycloxine for you but couldn't find it)

I’ve dipped in and out of this thread over the years but not really read it so apologies if this has been mentioned before...I’ve just had bit of a traumatic time to say the least (I’ll post about it at some point as I think it’s probably relevant to a lot of people), there was no doubt about it, I had depression....instead of pills I went and found a psychotherapist, I can honestly say that it has been life changing. Can’t recommend it highly enough, whatever your issues are be it relationships, debt, family, not coping with life psychotherapy with a good psychotherapist works.

Anyone with experiences of seeing one they’d like to share?

I actually liked Prozac, but it did turn me into a cleaning freak lol.

Crikey, maybe I should give it another try!?! Haven't taken it for ages and ages but the only side effect I remember was a strange improvement in my, ahem, performance! Then again, someone else was doing all the cleaning at that time (for money!).

I took myself off the meds after I'd been feeling better for a while, mainly because I was worried about becoming convinced that it was only because of the meds, and that everything would turn to shit again if I stopped, and then I'd have to go through the whole process again, waiting for them to kick in. Stupid thing to do, really, as I was going off travelling on my own and had a lot of time to brood but, fortunately, it worked out OK.

Been wondering whether I should be asking for a little pharmaceutical help again, but the stories on here of what people are going through are a bit of a deterrent, to be honest. Not managing brilliantly at the moment though.

Life is hard, I'm just taking each day as it comes (had a little cry on Friday as I'd been listening to music that meant a lot to my dad and mam before she died, I imagined him singing the words to her and cried over their perfect love that ended when she was 33 ffs - an absolute travesty / tragedy). My son consoled me bless him, it took me a while to compose myself enough to explain my tears but I did and he understood, he's the best and my reason for living ♥.

Ahhh! How old is your boy? Hopefully he doesn't listen to the same music as you! It's strange though, I find that it's when I'm at my lowest ebb that I dig out the saddest tunes. I guess it's true, as Joni said ...... (See quote below)

@GTG don't be too put-off, the experience of meds is different for everyone.... I've been on and off meds for years... Back on now at a low dose but just enough to keep me on an even keel... I can adjust upwards for bad episodes but they make me a bit zombified

@GTG don't be too put-off, the experience of meds is different for everyone.... I've been on and off meds for years... Back on now at a low dose but just enough to keep me on an even keel... I can adjust upwards for bad episodes but they make me a bit zombified

How long does that adjustment take, though? Is it just a matter of fine-tuning once the stuff is running through you, or are you looking at similar periods of time to when you are waiting for them to kick in in the first place?

How long does that adjustment take, though? Is it just a matter of fine-tuning once the stuff is running through you, or are you looking at similar periods of time to when you are waiting for them to kick in in the first place?
For me the side effects on citalopram have only been for a couple of weeks. The first week I always feel wired and don't sleep

Very fragile today. Dark thoughts and catastrophising everything. “Work were good about signing me off, but i’ll Never get back, can’t support the kids, will lose my beautiful home” etc etc.

Day three of back on the meds and objectively I know it’s a case of getting through the next week to 10 days till the brain flu stabilises but fuck me it’s hard to want to be part of the world when you feel like this.

Very fragile today. Dark thoughts and catastrophising everything. “Work were good about signing me off, but i’ll Never get back, can’t support the kids, will lose my beautiful home” etc etc.

Day three of back on the meds and objectively I know it’s a case of getting through the next week to 10 days till the brain flu stabilises but fuck me it’s hard to want to be part of the world when you feel like this.

You're doing canny marra. You've got yourself some help and you're getting things sorted. That's progress and something to be proud of. Baby steps. Take care xx

You are part of the world - please don't think you are different mate. Many people will go through stages when they have feelings like yours - it is tough but you can get past it.

your kids would rather have their dad and no money, than not have their dad.

LLike you say a few more days and you'll be over the worst

Personally it's pretty rapid for me.... Couple of days.
Might be psychological, I dunno.
I take mine at night because they make me quite sleepy, so it's also possible that getting a better night's kip helps too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back