Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great that you've been able to keep up work Fishburn. I cannot imagine what it is like, but good that you have been able to keep up your routine as I really believe this can help. If you living in a new area, it appears there are lots of friend on here....(I only found this board recently but it's great the support people give each other). Best wishes matey.

Anyone had withdrawal symtons with citalopram.

With doctors support I have been reducing my medication over the last few months and have started to get really bad dreams mostly about suicide.

My medication has halved to 20mg and I don't intend to come off completely.

If it continues I am going back to the docs

With doctors support I have been reducing my medication over the last few months and have started to get really bad dreams mostly about suicide.

Never been on that one. You could try asking your pharmacist. Probably be quicker than trying to see the GP. Hope the side effects go away soon xx

They never seemed to do anything for me apart from set off my Crohn’s but can’t recall any bad withdrawal symptoms - give your doctor a call this morning , sounds awful so I hope you get something sorted or it stops

Escitalopram, which is practically the same, and yes I had withdrawal symptoms when I didn't taper very slowly. They were mainly anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness and brain zaps. Withdrawal symptoms from SSRIs are very common.

Go and see your doctor, they may suggest upping the dose again before doing a more drawn out taper. Good luck.

Haven't really been following this thread for a few weeks, been feeling pretty great.

Until today, for no reason whatsoever, all my motivation is just gone, totally gone and I feel miserable. I've got no idea why.
All I've done is eat crap all day. Even got a pizza in the oven for lunch rather than making something nice and healthy.

Haven't got a clue why I feel this way today. No idea at all. Fucks sake.

Can't believe how hard today has hit me. Its like a brick. Completely out of nowhere. Honestly don't know what to do with myself.
Haven't felt like this in months.

Last edited:
Haven't really been following this thread for a few weeks, been feeling pretty great.

Until today, for no reason whatsoever, all my motivation is just gone, totally gone and I feel miserable. I've got no idea why.
All I've done is eat crap all day. Even got a pizza in the oven for lunch rather than making something nice and healthy.

Can't believe how hard today has hit me. Its like a brick. Completely out of nowhere. Honestly don't know what to do with myself.

It does that sometimes! Did you sleep ok last night? That can lower your mood the next day.

Easy to fall in a can't be arsed slump though. Can you do something to take your mind off things? Go for a walk or do a job you've been putting off for ages? A little thing like that might help.

Take care marra and hopefully it's just a minor blip xx

I've been tapering off Sertraline (SSRI) for a month or so. Not going totally to plan, I feel pretty dizzy, vertigo symptoms and I get these daft 'head zaps', like a little electric shock in the brain. Certain sounds also seem to set it off. Hoping it will pass soon, currently taking 50mg every 3 days (down from 100mg daily). 5-Htp seems to help

Escitalopram, which is practically the same, and yes I had withdrawal symptoms when I didn't taper very slowly. They were mainly anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness and brain zaps. Withdrawal symptoms from SSRIs are very common.

Go and see your doctor, they may suggest upping the dose again before doing a more drawn out taper. Good luck.

That's what I'm currently getting, it's a bit annoying. Do you still get them?

Last edited:
It does that sometimes! Did you sleep ok last night? That can lower your mood the next day.

Easy to fall in a can't be arsed slump though. Can you do something to take your mind off things? Go for a walk or do a job you've been putting off for ages? A little thing like that might help.

Take care marra and hopefully it's just a minor blip xx
Thanks. I've been sleeping better and better recently. Made some changes to help with sleep, and its really paying off. I think that's part of why I've been feeling much better recently (despite man flu, but pfff, everyone has that in January eh?)

I even felt fine walking the bairn to school this morning. As soon as I sat down at my desk, I felt it.
And now its hitting me in waves. Not anxiety, I'm not worried about anything that I'm aware of. Just "pit of doom" sadness. For no reason.

Anyone have any issues when taking sertraline of feeling like a zombie all the time? Been taking them for about 5 weeks now and i am feeling a bit better but i am knackered constantly.

Thanks. I've been sleeping better and better recently. Made some changes to help with sleep, and its really paying off. I think that's part of why I've been feeling much better recently (despite man flu, but pfff, everyone has that in January eh?)

I even felt fine walking the bairn to school this morning. As soon as I sat down at my desk, I felt it.
And now its hitting me in waves. Not anxiety, I'm not worried about anything that I'm aware of. Just "pit of doom" sadness. For no reason.

If there is no reason, then tell it to fuck right off :D

Anyone have any issues when taking sertraline of feeling like a zombie all the time? Been taking them for about 5 weeks now and i am feeling a bit better but i am knackered constantly.

Here's something to think about, this is what you are taking.

SSRI antidepressants including sertraline may increase the risk of bleeding events. Combined use of aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. ibuprofen, naproxen), warfarin, and other anti-coagulants may increase this risk. This may include gums that bleed more easily, nose bleed, or gastrointestinal bleeding. Some cases have been life threatening.

Quite scary to me.

No but I had that on mirtazapine. I couldn't get used to them at all and felt too sleepy and zombie like on them. Came off them as I didn't feel safe driving.

Sertraline gave me chronic tension headaches like a migraine, where I had to go home and lay down till it passed. I came off them as I was struggling keeping up with work.

Also tried fluoxetine. You know on the leaflets where it says one in million may get this rare reaction? Yes I managed to get the rare skin reaction that left me bright red with tiny little blisters all over.

Don't think I get on with meds :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WCC

Brain chemistry is a shitbag !!!!!
Be kind to yourself, take a day, start again tomorrow...

Sertraline gave me chronic tension headaches like a migraine, where I had to go home and lay down till it passed. I came off them as I was struggling keeping up with work.
I had something similar. Constantly crushing headache, with intermittent "go to bed, go directly to bed, and don't function anymore past go" events.
Prozac has been much better

Definitely contact the Dr.... Sounds like you need a more gradual taper. Everyone handles serotonin differently

Even more so when you're given pills to pop without any tests to say what is wrong. :eek:

... The thing is there aren't really any specific tests for depression and anxiety, it's such a subjective thing.
With the immense pressure on GPs to "treat & street" while awaiting a referral to support services, medication is now pretty much first-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back