Depeche Mode - RIP Fletch

:lol: That would have woken up a few people.

They are so good it is hard to pick just one favourite album. How many bands can you say that about ?

One of my favourite of theirs is Black Celebration. A Question of Lust and A Question of Time are great songs. And this one, too of course.

It is raining here today for the first time in weeks. Going to stay put for the day and just listen to them all day. :)
Great choices, along with Stripped. Violator is my favourite album, hard to pick the rest in any particular order from Ultra, Black Celebration, Songs of Faith and Devotion and Music For The Masses. Some great instrumental tracks, which never really get a sniff anywhere amongst their albums too, powerful piano chords and string sections etc

Great choices, along with Stripped. Violator is my favourite album, hard to pick the rest in any particular order from Ultra, Black Celebration, Songs of Faith and Devotion and Music For The Masses. Some great instrumental tracks, which never really get a sniff anywhere amongst their albums too, powerful piano chords and string sections etc

Songs of Faith and Devotion is one of my fave albums of theirs, too. Condemnation is a fantastic song.

I saw them in Parken in Copenhagen years ago and it was a great night. When they played Waiting For the Night to Fall from one of the other albums you mention it was a beautiful moment. They have a big following here in DK and have been back playing gigs again and again. I would love them to play the SoL sometime.

Songs of Faith and Devotion is one of my fave albums of theirs, too. Condemnation is a fantastic song.

I saw them in Parken in Copenhagen years ago and it was a great night. When they played Waiting For the Night to Fall from one of the other albums you mention it was a beautiful moment. They have a big following here in DK and have been back playing gigs again and again. I would love them to play the SoL sometime.
One can only dream mate. I’d be there with Bells on if they did. What a tune btw!

A great cover version of pretty much the first song Depeche Mode (or Vince Clarke) ever wrote

And the song in demo form before they had a record deal

Am i right in thinking they are bigger in Europe than they are here in the UK ?

Am i right in thinking they are bigger in Europe than they are here in the UK ?

I have always had the feeling that they might be. They are still big here and if am not mistaken they are still very big in Germany.

Bit like Cock Robin. Barely known in the UK or their native America but were big all over mainland Europe. Depeche Mode have just kept it up throughout the decades. For some reason people who like the band seem to be very loyal while at the same time getting a new generation hooked, too. The article I read where it said it was Dave Gahan's 60th birthday mentioned as well that they have sold more than 100m records. I don't know the stats on the sales but it wouldn't surprise me at all if 80% of those were sold outside the UK.
Edit: But then again. I just Googled it and they have had 54 songs in the UK singles charts and seventeen albums in the top ten, too. :)

Last edited:
I have always had the feeling that they might be. They are still big here and if am not mistaken they are still very big in Germany.

Bit like Cock Robin. Barely known in the UK or their native America but were big all over mainland Europe. Depeche Mode have just kept it up throughout the decades. For some reason people who like the band seem to be very loyal while at the same time getting a new generation hooked, too. The article I read where it said it was Dave Gahan's 60th birthday mentioned as well that they have sold more than 100m records. I don't know the stats on the sales but it wouldn't surprise me at all if 80% of those were sold outside the UK.
Edit: But then again. I just Googled it and they have had 54 songs in the UK singles charts and seventeen albums in the top ten, too. :)
Pretty massive all over Europe, Scandinavia and USA. Sell out in huge stadiums. They’re big here too but somehow go a bit under the radar despite their success. I’ve seen them on every tour since music for the masses and they always sell out.

Back