Decent Protein powders

Status
Not open for further replies.

as a bit of a novice what protein is a decent one. Don't want to go big but want to put a bit of muscle on.
I've been using Herbalife's Formula 1. I like their choice of flavours, it's filling, based on soya protein (gives sustained energy) and with exercise helps build me biceps.

Wouldn't waste my money on that.
Dextrose..soy protein etc. You are better off spending an extra tenner and getting 5kg of whey from myprotein/bulkpowders/bodybuilding warehouse
To be honest, it seems to be doing a canny job for me. Plus I actually enjoy drinking it as it tastes nice. I have a few other powders as well that I dread using. What specific brand would you recommend that doesn't taste like absolute arse?

To be honest, it seems to be doing a canny job for me. Plus I actually enjoy drinking it as it tastes nice. I have a few other powders as well that I dread using. What specific brand would you recommend that doesn't taste like absolute arse?
I can't really advise when it comes to taste mate coz I always buy the unflavoured whey.

Just watch out for the ingredients. If they state they have things like added creatine, glutamine and other amino acids this generally means that there is a lower protein content. Also try to avoid protein 'blends' as they generally contain lower quality protein.
How much effect will it have on me? I look like I'm toning up nicely, if I get a better quality powder will it increase the speed of these changes or whatever?

How much effect will it have on me? I look like I'm toning up nicely, if I get a better quality powder will it increase the speed of these changes or whatever?
Depends on your overall diet mate.
The one you linked has dextrose and waxy maize starch which are fast acting carbs best taken straight after a hard gym session. But if it is working for you mate then stick with it.

Depends on your overall diet mate.
The one you linked has dextrose and waxy maize starch which are fast acting carbs best taken straight after a hard gym session. But if it is working for you mate then stick with it.
Like I say, I have a few powders so I guess the others could be doing the business but I mainly use this one... Bit of a novice when it comes to powders though, in honesty. I have the shake as soon after a workout as physically possible and I succeed most of the time at eating all my recommended requirements as per MFP. I'll definitely take on board what you said and have a look around next time I'm running low. Cheers for the advice.

Like I say, I have a few powders so I guess the others could be doing the business but I mainly use this one... Bit of a novice when it comes to powders though, in honesty. I have the shake as soon after a workout as physically possible and I succeed most of the time at eating all my recommended requirements as per MFP. I'll definitely take on board what you said and have a look around next time I'm running low. Cheers for the advice.
Sounds like you have a good grasp of what you are doing anyway mate.

Always have a problem with my protein being lactose intolerant and allergic to a fair few foods,have ended up on a vegan diet with brown rice protien. The whey before I found out was killing me, bloated and feeling sick ever time I had them it's worth checking it out as, I ended up losing 6lbs from flair ups. After changing diet have put the 6lbs back on and an additional 8 lbs now. Trial and error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back