Decent Protein powders

Status
Not open for further replies.

as a bit of a novice what protein is a decent one. Don't want to go big but want to put a bit of muscle on.

My Protein impact whey is probably best value.

Don't worry, you're probably not going to get big by accident as it takes years of dedication and it's going to be challenging to even 'put a bit of muscle on'.

Protein powder is just a food supplement, not magic voodoo steroid drugs.

My Protein impact whey is probably best value.

Don't worry, you're probably not going to get big by accident as it takes years of dedication and it's going to be challenging to even 'put a bit of muscle on'.

Protein powder is just a food supplement, not magic voodoo steroid drugs.
This. Some lasses at work scared to have one protein shake a day incase they get too muscular ffs :lol:

This. Some lasses at work scared to have one protein shake a day incase they get too muscular ffs :lol:

Probably the fault of the fitness industry's ad campaigns fronted by IBBF Pros etc'. People do seem to assume there's mythical qualities to these things.

I've had the whole "Eeeeeh, you're not using those protein shakes, are you?" thing off my Mam. I just explained to her it's the equivalent of drinking a steak, basically.

as a bit of a novice what protein is a decent one. Don't want to go big but want to put a bit of muscle on.

MATRIX. Anabolic Gold, 86% protein which by most protein powders is quality.
Had previously used CNP Pro Mass for about 17 year but wanted to use one with less carbs etc as i wanted to use it more often to get more protein in my system throughout the day but with out getting excess carbs[/QUOTE]

i get it from supplement centre, online

Bodybuilding warehouse is excellent value. Much cheaper than my protein. Prefer their blends too. Better mix ability , got 4KG for 26 notes the other week. Regularly do BOGOF
Not heard of them before. Looks decent.

I trust myprotein because there products were part of a study and there protein came out very high on the list.

Gold standard whey protein or met rx whey protein.. very low sugar / fat and high in protein, also met rx has amino acids in too..
expensive though

I've never been very clued up on this.

I mainly run, and I often have a protein shake for recovery. I mainly go to the gym to keep fit and stop being a fat kernt rather than anything else.

But I've never really looked into it. What should I be using? Can I get a tummy from protein shakes? I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything nutritional.

I've never been very clued up on this.

I mainly run, and I often have a protein shake for recovery. I mainly go to the gym to keep fit and stop being a fat kernt rather than anything else.

But I've never really looked into it. What should I be using? Can I get a tummy from protein shakes? I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything nutritional.

What on earth do you mean by that?

Look at protein shakes as food. Nothing more, nothing less. Because that's all they are. Look at how many calories and grams of fat, carbs and protein are in a serving then base whether or not you should use them on that. Remember to factor in the milk if you use that to make them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back